Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Shipping Question?

Old 06-05-2007 | 09:00 AM

Sorry for this newb question but since I don't have a Tib anymore I have some stuff laying around that I will be putting up for sale soon. The question is, how do I ship them? I know, UPS, USPS...but I don't know how to get a ship quote, do I go to some USPS office and ask them for a shipping price? do they wrapped the item in a box or do I have to do that? do they print the label or I have to do that? I just wanna know because I don't wanna go to the office and look like newb.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2007 | 10:03 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

All the options you stated are viable options. I usually package the item myself so I know it is done well and has the best chance of getting there safely.

As far as getting a quote, I guess the safest way is to take the item already packed up for shipping to the post office/courier office and tell them exactly where it is going and they will give you quotes on the different shipping options. I usually weigh and measure the item myself then use the online shipping quote function of their website. As long as you are accurate entering the information you will get an accurate quote.
Old 06-06-2007 | 06:00 AM

I go to their websites, punch in the information on size, weight, where the package is going, and how soon I want it there.. and they give you a quote.
Old 06-06-2007 | 06:37 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

^^ +1
Old 06-06-2007 | 07:01 AM

Thanks smile.gif , now I'm gonna be selling some stuff anytime soon
Old 06-06-2007 | 08:37 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I always assume it costs $5 for shipping ANYTHING. Then as it gets bigger and heavier it goes up. If you ship something small, like a switch, door handle, or a ashtray you can assume $5 for shipping + $3 for packaging. For something larger like a heater cluster or a gauge cluster, it would be $10 for shipping and about $6 for packaging. The best way (for me) is to go to the UPS store and get it packaged, then ask for a shipping price. You can save money by packaging things yourself.

UPS and USPS have compairable rates, but UPS provides tracking where USPS provides only delivery confirmation.