Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

selling my exhaust system

Old 12-28-2004 | 12:56 PM

Default Re: Me & my pussy

well the offer came and i really really need the money at this moment in time so in about 2 hours i will be starting the project of removing my 4-1 ceramic header, and full 2.25" 304 stainless piping with 409 stainless flowmaster deltaflow 40 series muffler. trading it all for a stock exhaust (with fart cannon muffler... grr) and some cash. im gonna miss it i can feel it already

oh well the money is getting pumped into the scoupe so i guess its all good right???

*sigh*
Old 12-28-2004 | 01:01 PM

you have someone whos trading with you already?

Just think of it this way, you can always get another, better exhaust later on.
Old 12-28-2004 | 01:12 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated
Default Re: selling my exhaust system

Money is always good
Lose the fart can muffler...stock will sound better lol.gif
Old 12-28-2004 | 01:21 PM

Default Re: My trip to SICILY

already??? i have been trying to sell it for like 3 months now at half the cost i paid for it!!

the only thing better that i could have gotten was titanium piping, the rest is top notch.

and yeah i do have my stock axle-back and muffler from the original exhaust but the guy re-used teh hangars from the old exhaust so as soon as i can get a new hanger welded on the stocker then it will go back on.

the guy is already in syracuse (from NYC) waiting for me i am just waiting on a call from stephanie to get back from her doctors appt and as soon as thats over then its swaptime. hopefully his exhaust bolts arent too much of a pain in the butt.. i hate it when the manifold/head studs come out instead of nuts coming off easy.

also hes bringing a BBTB and i have a ported IM here waiting for him so i gotta swap that too. all for $475 man the things i do for money... lol.gif
Old 12-28-2004 | 06:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Dayum, you shouldhave brought your for sale thread here mang, you could have done better here I'm sure.
Old 12-29-2004 | 09:49 AM

Default Re: my 99

well i tried selling it for about 3 months liek i said, and i guess i didnt think an accent exhaust would have a market at rdtib.

well, its gone and not 20 minutes after stephanie dropped me off at work she calls me to complain tht she just got beat by a saturn.

on a brighter note the 'fart cannon' muffler that came with the guys exhaust that i traded for doesnt sound too bad really. i guess the muffler doesnt make too much of a difference because the manifold and stock accent piping is so dang tiny in the first place because it really dosnt sound much different than stock IMO.

also now i REALLY need to pump up the scoupe because i need to have at least ONE car thats not a slug lol.gif
Old 12-29-2004 | 10:55 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC
Default Re: :split topic: DSM rant

turbo or not? also what year?
Old 12-29-2004 | 11:17 AM

Default Re: Unmodified MAF needed ASAP

its a 93 turbo. only mods yet are an unorthodox pulley and an oil cooler.

i JUST rebuilt the engine with used parts- bad idea because now i have a bad knocking rod in cyl#1. im going to try and shim the rod bearing to subside it for the time being but early spring i am going to end up redoing it all RIGHT. bored 1mm, stroked about .7mm, shaved stock pistons to make about 8.1:1 compression (will go slightly higher later once i do the headwork and shave that), fully aligned bores and deck, and have the entire rotating assembly including crank pulley and flywheel balanced. that should make for a fairly reliable bottom end that i wont have to worry about

in the next few weeks i will be adding an intercooler and BOV along with boost, oil temp/pressure, fuel pressure guages and maybe a RRFPR if budget allows.

after the intercooler i set up, i want to get in the ceramic coating group buy and coat the exhaust manifold, up pipe. and valve cover (since the up-pipe flows directlu on top of the valve cover, not off of the side like other hyundai engines). also considering coating the piston tops as well for added durability im still undecided about that.

and LAST on the list maybe mid summer i will upgrade the turbo. i know this is all overkill for something that will only be running 9-10psi on the stock turbo but i want the most reliable motor possible, and when the turbo gets upgraded it will be to a GT20 or GT22 for 15-20PSI which it should be able to handle no problem at that point. the only other weak spot i can think of is the distributer ignition, MSD may be on the list if the stock coil cant fire 20PSI.

so in essence, i have abandoned all accent plans in lieu of the scoupe turbo.