Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Runs On Hopes And Dreams Is 4 Sale

Old 03-12-2008, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The fact that DTN likes it is enough to make sure most of us don't.

No one said his craftmanship was bad, his tastes are. I've been to more shows than most of the folks here, and I'm sorry, I walk past the riced out ghetto section that cars like this sit in.

Everyone can have their opinions, but the ONLY folks that a vehicle like that will impress that aren't Hyundai fans, are ricer F&F wannabes.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:24 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I have a problem with people going the extra mile in the wrong direction.

The entire first page is fillled with negative comments and not one single positive or neutral. Seriously.. An average response to a thread like this should be, I don't like it, it's not my taste, look at all the work.

Seriously, there is entirely too much NTish Tiburon bashing going on around here.

Z: I don't care for the look of the car. I respect the work. I would never e-mail him just to try to make him feel bad about his car.

That car is more hevily modified then 98% of the cars on this site. It's the way a tuner shows the love for his car. It's a shameful thing when people go out of their way to make the guy feel bad about his car while he is selling it. He obviously needs the money or would not be selling such a work of modern art.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:38 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

the only thing truthfully i don't like about the car is the hood. I believe in functionality, even in a show car. there is not a ramair setup on this vehicle, let alone a airram,lol.

I like the bodywork and the paint job, except for the targa top that actually needs a top to put in on the bad days. the interior is something that i wouldn't do but that is besides the point.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:40 AM

That car is more hevily modified then 98% of the cars on this site

So that makes it better?

He obviously needs the money or would not be selling such a work of modern art.

LOL! Work of art hahahaha! Or, maybe he's just a tool bag who never cared for the Tiburon to begin with, who just wanted to ricefy it to win some trophies, and now that he's done so, is selling it. I know a few specific people who have gone the same course.

The entire first page is fillled with negative comments and not one single positive or neutral

Because there's really nothing good to say about it. Why should we praise it if we don't like it? It's called criticism, and it can actually be utilized as a good thing.

I would never e-mail him just to try to make him feel bad about his car.

I wasn't trying to make him feel bad, just see what he had to say about it, maybe get a laugh out of him. If his ego is that small where someone poking fun at his car will make him cry, then he needs to grow thicker skin.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:11 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

word tc.

wild modification list that earns it alot of points at shows.

rap music shouting "wiggle that thang" earns a lot of air on mtv rolleyes.gif

Old 03-13-2008, 08:25 AM

^oh man, don't even get me started on that topic.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Banned

and the thing is, respecting the craftsmanship is one thing, but when someone just does everything and anything to make it different, thats nothing really special at all.

the vents, covered rear 1/4 windows, covered corner lens area don't even require much work at all. the rear vent is simply cut and bent back, then the sides of the vent are welded in.. wow, amazing..

covering up the corner lens and rear 1/4 window doesn't take much special work at all.

cutting the top off a tib, to make it a targa top.... OMFG, would be hard as hell to do...

the body kit is not only ugly as hell, but its an ebay kit bastardized onto the car and molded, with some small flares.. look at rear bumper, it looks like it was squished to fit on the car.

the tail lights.. also nothing special.. now jacks tail lights took some skill and planning to find something that would fit the shape of the rear of a tib.

the janky roll cage has already been pointed out.

only thing that is somewhat impressive is the FG work in the interior as far as craftsmanship goes.. but he is the typical credit card, will do anything for a trophy type of person.. the only reason to put 450 tvs in a car is so judges will be like OMFG this guy has 450 tvs.

and yeah, this guy has probably twice as much money and time into the car than anyone on here.. just cuz he can do a bunch of tasteless things and put a million tvs in his car, doesn't mean its special just cuz he has more time and money into it. and even if he has won 14 shows, that doesn't show anything except that he spent money to turn his car into something unique just to win shows.

judges like the people that rice out their cars and make it F & F style, throw a minimum of 12 tvs into it, and bag it. thats what todays ricers go for at shows, and thats why we have all these fugly creations, because the judges are terrible.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:26 AM

word.gif
Old 03-13-2008, 10:13 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd like to go through and point out what I see about this car.

dislikes:

full time targa - you will get rained on, there is no replacing the targa top.

Body kit- horrible

Molding the front bumper- impractical

tail lights-customized for the sake of being customized. They don't really look good, but they're different.

crooked licence plate-FTL!

TVs- more then 4 is waaay too many.

Interior color- Should be silver like the outside. White is too ugly for any cars interior

Hood- i hate the tibuorn nostral hood. It looks like a giant nose on top of the hood. It dosn't look right on a non-muscle car.

gauge pod cluster- in the center of the dash it just looks like its out there chilling. it dosn't belong there nor does the TV.

Scuba tank for air ride turned upside down to differentiate between nitrous and air ride. At least he didn't try the ricer turn the scuba right side up so it looks like a nitrous tank. Air ride is the best suspension system available.

Targa looks cool. We have other members with targa tops on the site. Even though the Targa requires a roll cage, it's definately something I'd do if I could work metal like that. Mine for sure would be replacable so that it was not a warm-sunny day only driver.

Paint job looks good on the car. It's rare that someone finds a good graphic to add to a tiburon rather then take away.

The wide body kit was excellently formed and looks like it belongs on the car.

TV in steering wheel. I like that, if it actually works, then mad props to him. Most people can't turn their steering wheel with the TV in there because the wires unplug. hehe, kustomizedTiburon

Gill fenders. Tibbychick is the only person I know who has them. They look sweet any time. I think every kitted tib should have them.

Fiberglass interior. Fiberglass is more workable and sets a foundation for more fiberglass or any other thing you wish to put into/onto it. it can be remolded and reworked easier then plastic or vinyl.

Rear disc brake vents are hot.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Banned

1000$ says those rear vents don't even do anything, much less have a whole cut through to where the tire is.

tibbychick has the wide gorilla fenders with the vents. this guy just has some ebay z3 vents molded in, or just cut slits and bent them into create vents.

thats not the nostril hood.. its more like one big ugly scoop.

the only thing nice about that widebody kit are the side skirts and the subtle flares.. the rest doesn't flow at all.