Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Runs On Hopes And Dreams Is 4 Sale

Old 03-12-2008 | 03:30 PM

lol you guys are hilarious for e-mailing him. That car is gross though. I could make quite a list of the things I dislike about it, but i'm srue everyone has their own.

yuck

I also didn't notice it was in wisconsin. Little Chute..don't know where that it is, but hopefully its close, I'd love to go talk with this guy and ask a question or two.

lol you guys are hilarious for e-mailing him. That car is gross though. I could make quite a list of the things I dislike about it, but i'm srue everyone has their own.

yuck

I also didn't notice it was in wisconsin. Little Chute..don't know where that it is, but hopefully its close, I'd love to go talk with this guy and ask a question or two.
Old 03-12-2008 | 05:56 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Wow...you guys are harsh... tongue.gif

Yeah, alot of people really dont like the car but you all have to admit and come to an agreement that it is in fact a show car, and a very unique one at that. Because of everything done to it, it would be in a Wild class at any car show. It would probably score more points than most people on the site, and hence...take a few more trophies over alot of you. That being said...the owner built this car to do just that....win trophies at car shows. Alot of you may not care or like the car (myself included), but the owner set out to build exactly what he wanted....a unique exotic trophy winning show car.

Personally, I think more tasteful things could of been done to the car, and cleaned it up a bit....but then it wouldnt of had the wild modification list that earns it alot of points at shows.

BTW...the scuba tank is a VERY common thing to add with alot of air suspensions. You see it more commonly used in the minitruckin community, but some cars do it as well. The scuba has greater compressed air and hence....makes the suspension work MUCH MUCH faster than a standard 3 or 5 pound air tank.
Old 03-12-2008 | 06:00 PM

aw this is all I got back in response:

well that great that the world of tiburon enthusiast like and dis like the car we bulit thaks for the heads up on ur thoughts.. there always haters but i build what the customer wants...

- slammedoutkustoms

oh well
Old 03-12-2008 | 06:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ya know, visionz has a point. We complain about how people put down our cars, and then talk shit every time a highly modified show car comes through. Great community spirit all...
Old 03-12-2008 | 06:09 PM

Noone said it was a bad show car. Its an amazing car for show. BUt its only one persons taste. I think you can build a show car that a lot of people like just as easy, which would help it sell for more money easily.

Noone said it was a hack job or anything like that. Anyone who puts that much time, work, and money into a Tiburon has some guts. That guy isnt going to get out nearly what he has in the car. Its still ugly though was the only point.
Old 03-12-2008 | 06:11 PM

Several people have said it was horrible period, and then the dbags go and taunt the guy. Honestly, there's not that many RDtib owners out there, what are we doing taunting someone who put more into it then any of us will?
Old 03-12-2008 | 06:20 PM

Because, it's wasted effort when all people do is laugh at it. We're trying to improve the world's perception of Hyundai, not make a mockery of it. There are show cars out there that are beautiful and tasteful, off the top of my head jack's car comes to mind. This one seems like just another person trying to cram as many flashy mods into the car as possible. I'm all for well put together show cars, so long as they are actually impressive. A targa top is not impressive when you have to fill the car with bars to reinforce it. That air ride "scuba tank" just looks stupid. I don't know, to me, a show car that is actually driveable is more impressive than something that has to be flat-bedded everywhere. Because then what's the point, it kinda defeats the whole purpose when you can't drive it. It's like a useless piece of metal that just sits there. And then to go to all that effort to just sell it right away? F that.
Old 03-12-2008 | 06:37 PM

^^ I think that sums it up for me too. There could have been just as much money/time (whatever) into the car, and the outcome could have been so so much better.
It's not my style, and to me it really doesnt matter that it is an RD. I'm not going to suddenly kiss someones ass because they came around and did something like this to a car like mine. So what?

Personally, I see it as more of a negative issue for the community to produce a piece of crap like this car because if an outsider were to look at this they might say, "Hey what is this junk?" Oh yea its a hyundai. Great for the community.

That being said, the reply the gentleman sent is, unlike the car, very tasteful. He seemed as nice as could be expected after seeing this thread.
Old 03-12-2008 | 07:29 PM
DTN

Dang... what's going on with the lack of respect for craftsmanship around here? That tiburon is a work of art. If any of you have tried to work with fiberglass or bondo, you'd know that it takes ALOT of sculpting. Then after sculpting, you have to paint. That tiburon looks flawless. I don't really care for the design, but you people need to recognize the work that went into that.

He built it for show. One of the things about a flat out show car is that some people love it, some people hate it. Look at Kustomized's or RixShark's tiburons. People love and hate them.

Sometimes it seems that people here are either "in" or "out". DO you remember our member Braker- Awarded the title of 2005 ugliest tibs and 2006 COTM after he joined??!?!?

This car is how he wanted it. There's no reason to take part in personal insults against his work or his car.
Old 03-12-2008 | 07:34 PM

As I said, it is a lot of work, but the effort could have yielded better looking, or more tasteful results.

And I've put countless hours into fiberglassing my car myself, are people gonna stop and kiss my feet? No...and I don't expect them to, or really want them to. The work I've done to my car is for me and me only, not to impress anyone else. To each his own I guess, but it just annoys me when people make their cars as flashy as possible just to impress others.