Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Rocket Powered Cars

Old 05-31-2006, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I'm not closing this since it has achieved many responses to which even might bewilder euclid. Changing to "Rocket Powered Cars & Dyno" for you genius' here.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well, the topic name isn't exactly what my question was about, but everyone seems to be morphing it into that, so whatever tongue.gif
Old 05-31-2006, 08:06 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'm sorry chap wink1.gif they are right though you cannot dyno a rocket powered car because think about it. how does a rocket propel? for what purposes were rockets invented? the answer is easy:

rockets can only propel through air. they cannot propel themselves in space or water.

cars propel themselves by transferring combustion chambers into a driveshaft and transmission which makes wheels spin. a car will not move without its wheels.

a dyno is calculated by measuring the velocity of acceleration of the wheels from the motor. it is designed and computerized to do that. a dyno always sits in one spot hence why the car needs to be tied down to it.

a dyno cannot measure air speed and you cannot fly a car. therefore if you put a rocket propelled wheel car on a dyno and ignite it while doing tests, the belts and chains strapping the car to the dyno will snap and the car will fly off of the dyno.

now if you were to take that rocket and transfer its energy to the transmission, you'd have some car!!! not street legal, and maybe highly evasively dangerous, but you'd be one out of the ordinary.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around

who would give 2 sh!ts

locked.gif
Old 06-01-2006, 11:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'd like to stop getting PM's about this retarded topic. This has been answered within the first 4 posts.

A rocket or jet engine does not impart rotational force to the wheels, and would ONLY cause the vehicle to get pushed off of said dyno, and crash into the moron sitting there wondering what he's going to see.

There are calculators all over the net to transfer THRUST into HORSEPOWER. Go use one if you want to know.

No more PM's. This is closed for a reason.

QUOTE (Macel @ May 31 2006, 06:04 PM)
As for why I'm asking this question... Hmm... Dunno, guess I just like to ask annoying questions smile.gif