Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Road Trip Ideas

Old 05-23-2007, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Eh, why not..

I've always wanted to hike the Canyon too.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:28 AM

Ill let you know once I start getting dates and whatnot but at this point in time I have no idea when Im going to even be home
Old 05-23-2007, 09:34 AM

Other Random shit you didn't know was in Arizona;

a giant hole... (Lavender Pit)
last mined in 75', 380 million tons of material were dug out by men over the years (copper ore). There's still more to mine, but they'd have to re-route Hwy 80 and make the hole MUCH bigger. There's a bunch of graffiti in Spanish yelling at American's for "raping the land" and such..

a lit'le bit o' London...
Once crossing the Thames (1962), this bridge was dismantled brick by brick and sold to the Founder of Lake Havasu City. It was shipped the 10,000 miles to California and trucked to Havasu City. Completly reconstructed in 1971, it now connects what was once an unreachable by car island.

Plus, Lake Havasu just plain fvcking rocks...

another giant hole...(this one's bigger)

and dug my a meteor, not man. A little over a mile in diameter.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:23 AM

You're going to have to give me the tour man.. i cant wait!
Old 05-23-2007, 12:37 PM

good. it will give me a reason (and the motivation) to get off my ass and fix my tiburon..

lmao.gif
Old 05-25-2007, 08:49 AM

I'm having trouble finding a decently priced 1 day whitewater trip in the canyon.. looking to spend less than $200 a person if feasable.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:32 AM

do you want the "shit-your-pants" whitewater factor? or just the canyon views?

generally, you're not going to find a one day whitewater rafting experience offered by anyone. 3 days, 2 nights is the shortest I've seen. Mainly due to that there is TOO MUCH TO SEE. By exploring the Canyon by water you get to see things people on the rim can only dream of. Find hidden waterfalls, and sleep under the stars.

A one day trip through the water is almost always going to be on the smooth water sections in a motorcoach covering about 15 to 20 miles of the Colorado.

there is a leisurly (smooth water) trip on a motorcoach through the canyon's wide river section for $155/adult + $3 fees. It's a 15.5 mile tour, about 12.5 hours total time. small hikes included.

You can get a helicopter ride, hike tour, and water tour (smooth water) including breakfast and lunch for $309/adult.

but like I said, the whitewater trips are more expensive due to the time spent on the river..
I'll keep looking and ask a couple of the locals if they know of anything.

oh yeah, they have "mule tours" for the lazy ones that'll take you deep into the canyon. These are usually booked 6 to 12 months in advance (especially for the bust summers).

..it's half a horse. LOL