Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Road Trip Ideas

Old 05-21-2007, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds pretty interesting.... might be up for that...
Old 05-21-2007, 12:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Makes me wish I had the time for a road trip... never get that much time off though.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hmm, Dweet, PM me your address you'd be leaving from, I'll setup a course for you, a route I used to take that's pretty nice, and you can tell me what you think. 70 West of Denver is a MUST drive for everyone though, sometime in your life.

Like 18 Rest Stops in 25 miles, it's so beautiful.

Not to mention you could do Pikes Peak in Colorado. Hell, do it during the Nopi Denver meet man!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:40 PM

My buddy just took a trip down to Albuquerque, new mexico on route 66 in his truck that had blue tape all over it for people to write on. Haha.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:06 AM

Ok, so I'm thinking of going down Route 66 and stopping in AZ to go Rafting and Horseback Riding... Any of you locals know places that have good deals down there to do something like that? Looking to spend 2-3 days at the Canyon.. its something that I've always wanted to do.

Redz PM sent, but I sent it before I wrote this anyway sooo ignore what I said and see if you can add this to the route if you can.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:52 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

If you're going to spend 2-3 days at the Canyon bring your camping/hiking gear. A hike to the bottom is a MUST (for those physically able). They WILL NOT allow you to hike to the bottom and back to the top in one day, you MUST stay the night. It's just dumb to try to, there's so much to see anyways (besides the fact you'd probably pass out from exhaustion). Many people go down farther than they are able to come back up!

They offer 3 day vacation package deals including whitewater rafting the first lower 100 miles of the Canyon, camping, meals, scenic flights, hiking the Canyon, and a helicopter ride.

Or if you're the Do-It-Yourself'er and don't want to spend a grand on tours, there's plenty to explore for yourself.

Rafting? what kind. Like white water oh noez waterfallz! shit-your-pants rafting? (i.e. Grand Canyon, Colorado River). Or chill on a floatie with another floatie full of beer tied to your floatie and enjoy views for hours while you get your first AZ sunburn kinda rafting? (i.e. the famous Salt River Tubing Experience)

Personally, I'd suggest the famous Salt River Tubing! w00t. You might remember the name from the guys from Blue Collar Comedy bringing it up in their stand-up's, about the serentiy and not-caring so much you just pee on yourself kinda attitude. And then you realize everyone's doing the same and really you're floating down a river full of pee. yea.. LOL

It's a very wide, very long river through Scottsdale, AZ that is relatively slow. PLENTY of spots to go cliff jumping if that's your thing. Last year we brought 4 24 packs of various beer and ran out after 3 hours on the river so we starting cliff jumping for more beer. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of people on the river with you at the same time, bands on HUGE floaties playing songs. 30, 40, FIFTY rafts tied together and people just trading spots, drinking beer, having a good time. And girls. LOTS of girls.

anyways, what else? Horseback riding? Like through trails and stuff? That's not my thing, a google search would find you something I'd assume. I know there is something near Havasu Falls like that, south of I-40 near the AZ/Cali border.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:15 PM

I live in Colorado near Aspen.... Plenty of stuff to see. I've been all over and there isn't a whole lot nicer than Colorado in late spring. You just have to know where to go, I guess.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:14 AM

Patreezy care to be a tour guide for me when I get there? lol
Old 05-23-2007, 02:27 AM

Vehicle: car

....Just come to Chicago! Go Illinois!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:37 AM

Been to Chicago tons, was in a long distance relationship with a girl that lived there till she moved to Ohio to be with me... Been there, done that... got the T-Shirt tongue.gif