Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Revenge Of The Sith

Old 05-19-2005 | 07:28 AM

Saw this last evening at a special preview showing. Movie started at 7:30pm. Anyway, if you liked the first two or if you haven't seen the other three then you will probably like this. Except for the special effects everything was pretty much expected. Not too impressed since there were a few inaccuracies in the film.
Old 05-19-2005 | 10:01 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Uhm, innacuracies?

How?

If it's stuff that's different from the Books to the Movies, duh, it's a movie, they always change stuff.

Otherwise, how can there be innacuracies? It's a movie!
Old 05-19-2005 | 10:07 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

QUOTE (Mad_john @ May 17 2005, 11:41 AM)
I can't wait to see it myself. u ppl will see it befor me. ahhh pooh B)

I feel ya bro... Stupid overseas being behind the states...
Old 05-19-2005 | 10:07 AM

Alright here is a good example. BTW I mean from the original movies. Alright we all know that in Episode 4-6 your have the Battle Cruisers and the Tie Fighters for the empire. However in Episode 2&3 not only are there not storm troopers flying ships but there are also no tie fighters. The Republic aka the new Empire is using dual spliting to 6 wing ships. But in the last screen shot in Episode 3 you see Tie fighters flying into a Battle Cruiser right after Anikin becomes Vader. I watch too much TV and too many Movies lol.
Old 05-19-2005 | 10:26 AM

LOL

It's called weapons research mang.

Simple.

Time goes by and you keep making new weapons or better ones.
Old 05-19-2005 | 10:37 AM

So you think that a dual pilot ship with a crap load more weapons that obviously goes faster (ie the ships in Episode 2&3) is better than a single pilot ship with little to no weapontry (ie Tie Fighter)?
Old 05-19-2005 | 10:44 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Yeah.

When you send out like 7 or 8 of them. Don't forget that they are very fast. That is one of their stronger points. The Death Star was obviously the one with the biggest firepower. The Star Destroyers packed a pretty big punch as well. The Tie Fighters were just there to make sure that little menaces like the Falcon were taken car of.

THen again, the Millenium(sp??) Falcon took out it's fair share of tie fighters.
Old 05-19-2005 | 11:31 AM

I've always thought the fighters from the rebellion and those from the empire had a parallel to the fighters in the Pacific arena during WWII. The tie fighter were very similiar to the Zero fighters Japan used. Tie fighters and zeros were fast and small, carried adequate fire power, and had almost no protection as the Zeros were made of wood and the Tie fighters had no shields. The American fighters (heavily armored) and those of the Rebelion (they all had shield generators) had an empasis on protecting the pilot. In addition to this, the American Pacific fighters (who had multiple machine guns, cannons and in some instances, rockets) and those of the Rebellion (who had multiple lazer cannons and photon torpedos) carried much havier firepower then the oppostion. Something that I've always noticed and just felt like mentioning.
Old 05-19-2005 | 11:37 AM

Watched it last night also and really wasnt that impressed. Picture is awesome but other than that ehh... But i agree that if you liked 1 and 2 you will like 3 but if you didnt then you wont. Overall i think it was better than 1 and 2 but i still like the original 4, 5, and 6 better!
Old 05-19-2005 | 05:35 PM

Remember that in the future movies, there is still the Tie Bomber, and other Tie planes with more than one pilot. The Tie Fighter is simply an interceptor. Hell, look at how many different planes the US has.

Weapons, more isn't better mang. What if they had to have a ton on those because they were weak, and the Tie Fighters had much better weapons so they don't need as many? Like comparing a 9MM to a .50 CAL bullet.

How do you know they were going faster? Did you use a radar gun? wink1.gif B)

Even today you have the right weapons for the job. Don't forget, in Episode 3, the clone wars have been going on for some time, Episode 4-6 it goes by much quicker. The WAR was over and they just had a small rebel force to fight, no need for these overarmed machines anymore. Not to mention, the more weapons, the more pilots, the more complex the system, and therefore the more complex the maintanence.

It's prolly all because the Empire needed to cut back to ballance their budget.