Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Revenge Of The Sith

Old 05-16-2005 | 05:08 PM

Don't forget about the original Sci Fi sequals..The Planet of the Apes movies, which were the greatest Sci Fi movies of it's time. Even by todays standard, the orginal Planet of the Apes is a very good movie. I know it's very old and most of us were not alive in it's day, but I remember, as a little kid, they would show it every year on CBS. I was amazed at the ending when Charlton Heston was riding the horse on a beach and found the Statue of Liberty burried up to it's neck.one of the great movie moments of all time.
Old 05-16-2005 | 08:49 PM

I agree.. every few years a movie comes out that changes how you look at things. Or it imprints on the conscious of a generation. A guy I work with and I were having this discussion. Some movies just work well.

The Original Psycho with the noise that was made when he attacked with the knife.

Jaws, the music they used for the shark.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind. The five notes of music they played to great the aliens

Others are just brilliant. Lucas may have waited until now to do these movies due to the special effects.. but look at the movie "Alien" they knew the limitations of what they could do with the alien.. so they actually showed as little of it as possible. Very Hitchcockian.

Personally, I will go see the new Star Wars movie. Just not opening weekend. I will wait until that monday and play hooky from work.
Old 05-16-2005 | 09:06 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

definitely forgot to mention those movies. thanks guys for bringing those up!! the music is another thing. I like how lucas hired a symphony to episode 1. smart move. that's exactly what i mean. alien 1-3 (they didn't use computer animation), jaws, planet of the apes... best movies ever!! i'm sure there's many more we forgot to mention.

i know star wars episode 1-3 has more and more features in each movie, like each new one is supposed to be better than the old...--but haven't we recognized this before? videogames!!! so the whole movie is like one big videogame. it's terrible. james bond has been going on for 40 years now and the classics are nothing but the same yet each one pull off their own formalities and each one is pure genious. Albert Broccoli directed Goldeneye. It had all of the elements of the classics combined into one great film. Look at "Die Another Day"... What cr*p! Invisible cars? you would think that James Bond would just be invisible throughout the entire movie. randomly out of nowhere thrown in lightning powered electronic arms that have nothing to do with nothing appear at the end during the "Icarus" airplane scene. give me a break. they have ruined Bond just like they have ruined Resident Evil all because of today's "cheaper" abused computer graphics and crazy minds who like to ruin movies. (note: Resident Evil movies were both directed by the man who directed Mortal Kombat. That's like hiring Stephen King to direct Romeo & Juliet!)

i don't think one movie from episode 3-6 is better than the other, even though the last one, return of the jedi, happens my ultimate favorite of the series. Now, I can't say the same for these "new" episodes because the first two were "just there". Each character has their own little story behind them, but it's vague. What's worse is the acting that makes it seem like some play or something. I just think technology has got the best of Lucas and his originality has vanished.

Well, I will see you guys on Thursday back here. I wish you all a pleasant viewing and making out with girlfriends tongue.gif
Old 05-16-2005 | 11:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Sci Fi guys, the new Battlestar Galactica season starts in 2 months...
Old 05-17-2005 | 04:41 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

I can't wait to see it myself. u ppl will see it befor me. ahhh pooh B)
Old 05-17-2005 | 03:07 PM

How about a parody?

SW3: A Lost hope <--Click me!
Old 05-17-2005 | 04:08 PM

That was funny stuff!! Good find Mad.
Old 05-18-2005 | 12:32 PM

Well i gave up on watching it later. Im going tonight at midnight. Hope its worth it!
Old 05-19-2005 | 06:36 AM

Another one. Not so much a parody, but a way for the Organic farmers to cash in and get their word out. The puns are great though.

Store Wars <---- Click me!
Old 05-19-2005 | 07:11 AM

THat took some imagination there..my coworkers were cracking up with the first link you posted, especially with the part when R2 busted out the pregnancy test.