Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Revenge Of The Sith

Old 05-16-2005 | 07:07 AM

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ May 16 2005, 04:19 AM)
i know i haven't seen the new star wars, but NOTHING are like the originals.

You are right, there is nothing like the originals. I remember when StarWars (I guess it would be episode 4) first opened. For it's time, nothing I have seen came close to enthrawling the crowd and the cheers and gasps that came out of the audience. It was years ahead of it time and yet to see a sci fi movie that captivated an audience the way the "Star Wars a New Hope" did. I must have been 2 to 3 years old, but I still remember being in that audience watching that movie!!! I even remember watching the trailer at the movies before Star Wars was released!! That's how impressive the movie was to me.
Old 05-16-2005 | 11:14 AM

i'm very excited to see the movie.... 3 days! yippeee! i'm going on thursday night. all the tix for all the other showings were sold out when i bought mine like 2 weeks ago.
Old 05-16-2005 | 11:47 AM

star wars ownz!

ill be seeing it when i get back from chicago
Old 05-16-2005 | 11:49 AM

I have my tickets for 7:30 thursday evening. I plan to watch EP 1 & 2 on Wed. and then 4, 5, & 6 on Friday. As for the greatness of the new movies. I think that Return of the Jedi is the best SW movie ever made. I think second will now be EP 3 if it is as dark as I think it will be. The best SW movies are the dark ones.
Old 05-16-2005 | 11:51 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (HKC)
movies aren't what they used to be. there will never be a good movie again.

what about the LOTR? u cant argue that that wasnt a fantastic trilogy, incredible. personally i dont get into the star wars thing and i cant say i actually remember the old ones because they werent that exciting to me, needless to say i didnt see 1+2, I might see 3, maybe... i wouldnt go as far as saying that there arent good movies anymore, whats your idea of a good movie? remember that there will always be bad movies, but you forget about them. dont become a "good old day" type of person.
Old 05-16-2005 | 11:58 AM

Whats the dark side?

laugh.gif
Old 05-16-2005 | 12:09 PM

The Dark Side? It's the episode on the Chappelle Show where they busted Yoda and Qui Gone Jinn (however you spell that dudes' name) doing the nasties. Just look for the scene where Vadar confessess..that's the true dark side laugh.gif
Old 05-16-2005 | 02:37 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

^LOL That's hilarious!!!

QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ May 15 2005, 07:20 PM)
well... let me put it this way.. I can explain part of the PG13 rating.. when they kill off all the Jedi.. a lot of them are not yet Jedi.. if you get my drift.

Yup. That is what did it, plus just the brutal scenes of Anakin loosing body parts. It's all in that link I posted.

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ May 16 2005, 12:19 AM)
am i the only one who thinks the last three movies are overrated? i know i'm probably the only one everyone will ever meet with these kinds of opinions. i'm an exception though.

I agree somewhat but they are highly anticipated. YOu have to realize this has NEVER been done before. If you look at it nobody should want to watch it cause we all know what happens in the end right?? wink1.gif

.... i haven't seen a good movie for years now.

You don't get out much eh?? LOTR was great, Even some of the epic's have had great story lines to follow. If you have some knowledge they are interesting and if your clueless they still are. We're in the age of cpu graphics. Love it or Hate it we are. I've seen some great movies, I just like the atmosphere too, People laughing and/or being scared by the same things at the same time.....kinda neat.

they did with star wars what they did with resident evil. they completely fudged up the movies and the books are the true carriers.

SOOOOO True. Books have so much more detail then movies. Nobody, I mean nobody is going sit through an 8 hour movie.
Old 05-16-2005 | 04:16 PM

The problem with Star Wars and Lucas in General, as a director he is a bit "heavy handed" in how things happen. He is not very subtle.
Old 05-16-2005 | 04:53 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i agree with Mad but the reason for it Lucas said, the technological advances are the reasons he made these movies now hence the reason he waited.

LOTR, the first one was good. the second one didn't impress me. the third one didn't impress me. when the last one came up, it was closer to renting a videogame than it was a movie. that's about the only movie that has been good within the last 5 years.

every other movie is just made to get money and attract audiences. if they don't spend their money, i'm not going to spend mine lol.

by adding computer graphics, you're mixing animation with real life. there's a sense of "cheapness" involved as if something imaginary is there (like Santa Clause when you were a kid) but shouldn't be at least LOTR used the animation the right way. Yoda on the other hand is just cheesy...

hmm some of the better movies i've seen were the James Bond classics, some classic movies on TCM, Original Star Wars, Goldeneye, Mel Gibson movies like Braveheart, The Patriot, The Bounty, some Steve Spielberg like Jurassic Park... I mean there will never me movies like that again. Those are just the action ones. But this new Star Wars... they used the worst actress for the queen (Natalie Portman) If you take a look at Clones, you can tell she's a sketchy actress. Her performance is bad enough in Menace.