Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Revenge :)

Old 02-19-2003, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SupraGuy:
Mark D' Shark:
But it proved to be pretty dangerous cause every idiot on the road would practically come to a complete stop at the first sight of ANY vehicle parked on the shoulder! They got rid of that system, but the local po-lice are begging to bring it back!
Yeah, Photo-radar is really popular with our local police around here. Can you say "Cash Cow" boys and girls? I knew you could. Moo!

But it doesn't stop there. They're installing cameras at the traffic lights, so that if you don't quite make it through the intersection on the yellow, that'll be a fine mailed to you. Oh, and don't try speeding to make it through, or you'll also get the speeding ticket! Oh, and that fine goes up to $220 this spring under the new "Traffic safety act." There is also talk of making the red light cameras into permanent photo-radar installations, as well. Won't that be just peachy... suicide
The vandals have it all wrong... the thing to do is get a surplus high output he-ne or infrared (though that'll be hard to aim) laser and burn out the video tube or CCD on every camera they see... from a few tens of yards away, through the windshield or what have you. Only takes a few milliseconds when your light source is brighter than the sun, there's no visible "trail", and the police will be hard-pressed to find anything "illegal" on your person like fuses or explosives...
Old 02-19-2003, 11:05 PM

Nice idea...But... Most UK Camera's are old fashioned film based, so the most you could hope to do is ruin one picture if you got it right and 'shot' it just as it goes off....

They are getting worse and worse over here. We have the fixed cameras that use Radar, so we all got Radar detectors smile.gif So then they replaced them with fixed cameras that have induction loops under the road...Your radar detector is now an expensive dash ornament.... So, next we have the new and improved SPECS Video system.. It takes your Plate number when you pass a fixed point, then again at anothe fixed point and works out your average speed between the 2 places... Come up to fast and the ticket is already in the post before you get home...
Tricky BSTRDS have now started using multiple SPECS cameras on one road, so you might pass 4 cameras on a piece of road, and if the average between any of these cameras comes up as speeding, Mr Ticket is in the post....

And lets not even go there with the laser/video Stazi and thier mobile vans that they park behind hedges and badge up as plumbers or road maintainence vehicles!!

Anyone got a Stinger SAM/SSM for sale????
Old 02-20-2003, 04:18 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

gayness. WOn't a radar detector be able to see this? I mean aside from the cameras I mean...
Old 02-20-2003, 05:26 AM

I hear ya SupraGuy. We've got fixed red light cameras here too! There situated on 20 of the cities largest and most dangerous intersections. Somehow I've managed to avoid a ticket... but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

I could totally see somebody getting fed up and chopping these cameras to the ground.... Sombody like Jed! wink
Old 02-20-2003, 08:45 PM

Jed, nope, radar detector does not do squat as it works on Number plate recognition software...
Ahh, you have to love the UK.. 1 Gun nut so we ban practicly all privatly held weapons, 1 mad MP and we practicaly hunt down the motorists sad.gif

Have you guys heard of the congestion charging in London? Using the same technology (Cameras and number plate recognition) you now have to pay £5 ($8) to enter the centre of the city, and if you dont pay on the day, you get a bill for £80 ($130) in the post... and eventually your car siezed if you continue not to pay....