Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Remember the lady who sued McDonalds for hot coffee?

Old 08-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Remember the lady who sued McDonalds for hot coffee?

Well, they're being sued again....this time for Hot Chocolate! fp.gif headshake.gif

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-mcdonalds-...0,3519791.story

Woman sues over spilled McDonald's hot chocolate
Northlake mother claims daughter was burned

COOK COUNTY, Ill. - Vicki LaRocco of Northlake is suing McDonald's, claiming her daughter was seriously burned last year when a hot chocolate she ordered spilled and seriously burned her leg.

The lawsuit, filed in Cook County Circuit Court, claims LaRocco purchased the hot chocolate for her daughter on April 28, 2009 at a McDonald's drive-through window in Schiller Park, the lid of the cup was improperly secured and the beverage spilled onto her daughter, causing "severe pain and scarring."

An elderly woman was awarded over $2 million in 1994, after suing McDonald's for burns she suffered when coffee she bought at a drive-through window spilled in her lap. A judge later reduced that amount.

McDonald's spokeswoman Danya Proud declined to comment on the current lawsuit, "At this time, these are just allegations."
Old 08-26-2010, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Jesus Christ on a cracker!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

wouldn't suprise me a bit if the hubby is unemployed and back bills are piling up.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:00 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

hmmm. i wonder what every single one of these people have in common. oh wait, could it be that they're all ...ugly?
Old 08-26-2010, 06:15 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I think it's justified. I have been a victim of what I considered racism. I am pretty sure that they use loose lids as a professional f*ck you. It also pisses me off. I would sue for hospital bills and lost future opportunities as a girl. Scars are not cool on a woman like they are on a guy.