Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Rdtiburon Reppin' Hyundaiaftermarket!

Old 01-23-2006 | 01:25 PM

QUOTE (majiktib @ Jan 23 2006, 12:23 PM)
- The old HyundaiAftermarket forums are back up, and the original mods have control

Would you really want me to come back to power?!?!?!?

MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I will pwn all joo b!tchez!
Old 01-23-2006 | 01:32 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Jaws & JVX...the idea was to make you both Admin's to help me run it since we all were partners in crime back when HA was up. And then find a couple of Mods and thats it. But again...I want people to understand that by me wanting to bring the site back...it was more for archive purposes than anything. If people joined to start posting...then they could...but thats not what the purpose of it was going to be.
Old 01-23-2006 | 01:35 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Racer1 says to email him at
info@hyundaiaftermarket.com

and tell him your name is taken
Old 01-23-2006 | 02:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (tb1198 @ Jan 23 2006, 12:47 PM)
I wonder if someone who doen't like you runs the site....

I was wondering the same thing. The exact same thing happened when the HA forums came back up under Importshark.

QUOTE (visionz @ Jan 23 2006, 12:48 PM)
Here's the thing...unless theres some kind of converter out there to take the old archived stuff (which was UBB Classic software) and make it work with VBulletin, then you wont be able to upload the archives. Hence, why I purchased a full license for UBB Classic. I wanted it to have the same feel and look as what it was back in the day.

There are tons of converters out there. We've converted this site a bunch of times. Let me know if you need help finding one.

It was stated back then that I was going to have the forums back up and running. I had even spoken to Java and Redz back then about it too in PM's (they can back me on this) that I was going to bring HA back from the dead and have all the archived materials there.

Yup, and I supported you on it, I just wonder why the first thing wasn't BUYING THE DOMAIN NAME. LOL

Yeah...this kid started his own HA site. Am I pissed? Yes because I paid for all this stuff to bring it back and I fealt that someone who has been in the scene for a long time should be handling a site like that. Are there ways around what this kid did? Sure, and those are being worked on currently. Should everyone stay away from what this kid built up? Its their decision to post where they want.

I can understand you being mad Josh, and yeah, the other guy could have actually done some searching for Random or asked around, but it's like losing a Ebay auction. If you didn't bid high enough or early enough, you don't win.

There is far too much available info out from when the HA site was up back in the day, and I didnt want to lose that information. I had spoken with Random a few times and he knew of my plan to bring the site back with the archived material. What this new kid did with the new HA has just thrown a monkey bar into the works and the archived material that was once in the HA will be shown again...in one way or another. Its far too valuable to just let go and be deleted.

Agreed.

QUOTE (majiktib @ Jan 23 2006, 12:58 PM)
I posted on HA announcing that Rob, Jeremy, Kirk, and Josh's accounts aren't available. Hopefully he'll do something

Thanks, he did. He contacted me, very politely, via Email, and I forwarded his info to Random and registered there.

QUOTE (visionz @ Jan 23 2006, 01:06 PM)
What ever....I have a different idea in mind that I think everyone will like. I'm gonna get in touch with Random later tonight. Rob from HP has also offered in an idea as well. I dont want to lose everything that I have paid for, so HA will be back up soon with the same old feel and look (with the archived stuff) in a different way. wink1.gif

Well, why not just contact the guy running the site? Let him know what you had planned, what you were doing, and what you'd like to do.

QUOTE (Jaws021 @ Jan 23 2006, 01:18 PM)
Saying is one thing.. executing is another man...
And whos fault is that?

I stopped even looking for HA.com because I figured Josh had allready registered it.

QUOTE (majiktib @ Jan 23 2006, 01:23 PM)
- The usernames that have been taken are restored or available to their original holders. - DONE and will be done for others.
- The owner of HyundaiAftermarket.com is identified - We are trying to find out now. Even in his emails he's put "Racer 1".
- The old HyundaiAftermarket forums are back up, and the original mods have control - Well, if Josh keeps talking mean and mad and doesn't contact the guy to work something out, this isn't gonna happen. As for the "Original Mods", that's one of the reasons the site went down, none of the mods there were ever doing anything. I'm not digging on anyone, but seriously, none of them ever did anything. Maybe once a month at most.

WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN is everyone needs to be quiet, and start thinking and posting ways for this to be worked out, stop with the attacks or inflammitory statements, and figure out solutions guys.
Old 01-23-2006 | 02:49 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I kind of had a feeling it was someone else that started it up.. sad.gif
Old 01-23-2006 | 03:00 PM
Administrator

do you think it would be a good idea to try to get HP and RDT admins to moderate the forums? Along with other mods of course... maybe a way of bringing the two forums together? just an idea

I would be willing to help moderate the forums under Visionz' website. I would, of course, stay here as well.
Old 01-23-2006 | 03:00 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Guys...I just talked to Random about 15 minutes ago on the phone. Dont sweat it...the old HA board will be back. fing02.gif

Majik...thats something that I have thought about. But remember...I want it to function and look and act just like old site as much as possible, for nostalgia purposes. wink1.gif
Old 01-23-2006 | 03:05 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I'd be willing to help moderate. I'm old school too bishes. fing02.gif
Old 01-23-2006 | 04:52 PM
Administrator

I've only been around for 4-5 years, I'm not as old school as most of you, and I rarely visited HA before it closed down, but I'd be willing to moderate forums if you're in need.
Old 01-23-2006 | 05:15 PM

There wasnt much to do as a mod on HA.com...

Everyone on there was pretty much inline and followed rules...

The forum died when random stopped posting. If you look.. the four mods were also among the top 5 posted... Me visionz and random had the 1-3 spots.

If your talking about when importshark took over, then that i have no clue about... I dont remember if i was even a mod on the new forums.

I agree with visionz.. the archives are priceless..