Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Rdtiburon Published In Super Street Magazine

Old 05-04-2006, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres were you guys need to write your letters to so you can let SuperSUCK know what you think. Send them some letters pics whatever.

loudandclear@superstreetonline.com
Old 05-04-2006, 05:46 PM

Who the hell reads super street anyway? Thats like putting APC parts on your car.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:34 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Check with Viper to see if he'd allow us to send them some pics. Or even any info, you gotta be careful with that stuff you know.

I'll be sending something small off. Hopefully they'll get it in there someday.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:33 PM

That's one magazine I won't be buying again.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 99 Tibron

welp i sent a, who the fck do you think you are letter
Old 05-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

As posted by 187sks on HP:
-----------------------------------------------------

To the Editorial Staff of Super Street Magazine:

As a dedicated group of serious automobile enthusiasts we would like to express our displeasure with your handling of the letter submitted by Justin Haynes requesting you feature some vehicle makes which traditionally appear much less frequently than certain others within your pages. He suggested that featuring the second generation (RD2) Hyundai Tiburon be a refreshing change and add some much needed variety to the plethora of Hondas, Mazdas, and Nissans you currently feature monthly. This sincere suggestion which was made in a very respectful manner was greeted by ridicule to the degree that warranted a response from the Hyundai tuning community at large.

It is ridiculous to preface a letter with the sentence "Wait a minute, you mean your name is Gay Focker?" for so many reasons that we cannot believe it ever made it to print. Regardless of the automobile in question that is inappropriate. The fact that this letter is not coming from the Anti Defamation League is further evidence that by and large Hyundai is not an exceptionally popular make amongst the gay community.

Regarding your caption below Justin's letter stating basically that nobody would care to see a Tiburon on the pages of Super Street you may have a point. Most of the Hyundai tuning community prefers automotive magazines of a higher maturity level than that exhibited in this matter and those who previously were under the impression that they were reading a magazine put together by people of an intellectual maturity level higher than the average fifth grader have probably decided it's time to check out another magazine. If you were attempting to refer to the size of the Hyundai tuning community then I believe that you must be ignorant to the fact that Hyundai's popularity continues to grow at a time when many automakers have stagnant sales numbers or even face serious financial troubles. To put it in terms you can possibly understand there are a lot of Hyundais on the road, and a lot of people driving Hyundais are very interested in tuning their cars.

Take a look at the number of registered members of a few of the online Hyundai community's most popular forums as of the time of this letter:

www.rdtiburon.com - 2,422
www.hyundaiperformance.com - 35,772
www.hyundaiaftermarket.org - 2,330
www.newtiburon.com - 10,890
www.elantraclub.com - 2,167
http://p211.ezboard.com/bhyundaisantafemessageboard (Santa Fe forum) - 3,827

There are also other Hyundai-centric forums and many Hyundai owners frequent general automotive forums without signing up for a Hyundai Forum. That is over 57,000 alienated possible subscribers right there in these few forums.

As you can see with your total circulation number of 135,984 (as of December 31, 2005 according to the Audit Bureau of Circulations) you are ignoring a potentially massive untapped audience, and even intentionally alienating them. That is simply bad business.

Hopefully next time you will consider holding your tongue when you are contemplating insulting such a large group of potential readers. Until we see some sign that you have decided that a variety of cars have great potential as a tuning platform and stop judging an automotive make based on quality concerns remedied over a decade ago we will spend our dollars elsewhere buying subscriptions to magazines which do not feel the need to ridicule us.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

---[References for forum member's information]---
Circulation information:
http://ads.primediaautomotive.com/IMP/ABC/SS-ABC.pdf

Super Street 2006 Media Kit:
http://ads.primediaautomotive.com/IM...enMediaKit.pdf

----------------------
add signatures:
www.westkyimports.com - 378 members
Old 05-05-2006, 05:22 AM

Justin our gay focker got owned.gif

I'm more shocked off the fact they put Gay focker in their headline and the professional comment on Justin's suggestion then the fact they don't look at Hyundai's.

The second thing is a decision they make for themselves, and I couldn't care less. We made it this far on our own, we go strong alone. But what a way to show off to all your readers how you react to readers comment. Really a good way to incurrage reader's to send in their idea's. Great way to say: We read all that crap that you send us and after that we post it in our magazine and rape you and your car so that we lose more readers.

I say good job
Old 05-05-2006, 07:10 AM

There is nothing gay about me if I do recall proving that with my photobucket.

That letter is great guys it should open atleast a few eyes. Maybe if it gets published it could lead to some new vendors, sponsors, and media. Put my sig REAL BIG right smack dab in the middle of all of them. A.K.A. GAY FOCKER
Old 05-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Here's a question...who is the publishing company for Super Street, and do they own any other magazines as well? If so, it might be a good idea to send a letter to not only Super Street, but to the controlling publishing company also.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:32 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

i rape on a daily basises, BMW all make and seriers, Lexus,porsh, you name it the last thing they saw was the bumper sticker that i had made that says: WWW.RDtiburon.com even boosted tibby here , and what hondas they have here... i had a fun time with the NSX dam i need one more gear today on the way to taegu but we could go on about this all day. if hondas are so great and made in japan why have they sub-contracted they crank and piston for all civic to korean companys here in pusan...LOL f*** that they only want "bolt on tuners as i call them"

we are the some of the last Real tunners left.

SCC is not ready for me or viper random jongtr for that matter... let them come to us

you dont see a honda with a RX6b tcw77 turbo on them do you