Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Rdtiburon Published In Super Street Magazine

Old 05-04-2006, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol. I love being the underdog. I love my Tib and I dont really care what other car owners think.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:01 AM

This is the letter is sent them:

"Let me start off by saying that for the past few years I have enjoyed reading this magazine. I love staring at the endless pages of high-performance cars. I've always regarded this magazine as one of the best sport-compact magazines on the market. That was until I read your comments after the letter from 'Justin'.

This man merely asked if you would consider putting a Tiburon in your magazine. And your response? "There may be even fewer who would care to see a Tiburon in it's place."

Wow, way to show off your ignorance and insult alot of people out there. Have you even investigated the Hyundai tuning community? If you had, you would've found a fairly large community of dedicated tuners who are completely devoted to increasing the performance of their cars. These people have cars running anywhere from 160 WHP to over 400 WHP, and they accomplish this without support from most major aftermarket companies. They piece together turbo kits and fabricate parts themselves, using only the knowledge and advice of other owners as a guide. They do this all just because they want to have a unique ride they can be proud of.

I'm not going to talk about the performance potential of the Tiburon vs other cars, like other people have probably done in the other letters you've no doubt received. I'm just going to state that I understand you have to consider potential magazine sales when you decide what cars to put in your magazine, and that sometimes you might not have a choice in what you put in. That's cool, but, if you can, try to add some diversity to your magazine. Try to do a short feature or article on a car that most people don't see tuned. And, in the future, if someone sends a letter politely asking if you could do a feature on the type of car they drive, try to be a little less rude with your response. Pissing off your customers isn't exactly the best business strategy.

Stephen Hughes"

What do you guys think?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:05 AM

I wrote that letter like a month ago...Wow it took along time to get published...But hey Im just glad to see it got in there. Also what issue is that from?
Old 05-04-2006, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

good reply sinister. I considered writing a response to the article, but I've never really regarded SuperStreet as a great magazine. I'm sad that I'll be affiliated with them at NOPI, since they help promote it.

There was a nice turbo'd Tiburon (tiburoncruiser) from PA that was in with the NOPI SuperStreet Tour from PA down to Atlanta, and everyone in the group was amazed at how a Hyundai could be built. I guess the editor wasn't aware of the recognition he got from the SuperStreet crew. Whoever posted that on the magazine's behalf obviously lacks intelligence in the automotive industry to even make a comment such as that.

come to think of it... I received 3 issues of SuperStreet last month, and I'm not sure why. I didn't sign up for it, or pay. Maybe it was a promotional thing, but after reading this I may call and cancel my free subscription.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:01 AM

It's from the issue with the Gold Supra that should be in the newsstands until the beginning of June.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Administrator

does it say who wrote that comment?
Old 05-04-2006, 08:15 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (Dmitry @ May 4 2006, 02:02 AM)
Maybe we should write a big "open" letter from all members of our Forum?

Such magazines will never put a Tibby on it's pages, it's simple - if you don't have neon light, huge crome wheels, stripes on the body, body kit.... etc. they don't think you modded your car, cause they are ricers...
And in Tiburon community there are very few ricers.

I say do it.

Who's up for writing it? I'd consider it but I'd probably get out of hand.

I do, however, encourage EVERYONE here to write in

Tell them about Viper966 and Mad John, our COTY's. 2 Tibs, daily driven, well over 300 WHP, hell, Viper has dyno's over 400. Wait till his new turbo is complete, probably over 500 WHP.

Tell them how many users we have here, and NT.com, and HP.com, and of how many of us have other cars, other makes (Subaru, Audi's, Corvettes, ect), and we still tune our Tibs. Tell them how serious magazines like SCC treat us well and talk good about our cars, as they know the true potential of them.

I, for one, will never subscribe to that magazine after this. They spend all this money checking out repeats of the same cars over and over. They spend all this money going to Japan to check out the exact same cars again. Why not go over to the west 2 more hours and check out something different? Check out the Axis 1000 WHP Turbo Drag cars? Why not check out something else?

Hyundai isn't even an underdog anymore. NOPI supports us. Big name companies make some parts for us now.

They need to grow up.

Anyways, someone write up a good letter, post it in the gripes forum and we will see what needs to be adjusted. After a week and we all agree mostly on the wording, we will send it do them, signed in the name of all 3000 members of this site. I also recommend someone send this info to NT.com and HP. Get them to do the same thing.

I've had enough.

QUOTE (1997tibby @ May 4 2006, 02:42 AM)
Honestly...did anyone here think that STUPID SREET would take Hyundai tuning seriously? i

Plenty of other magazines have. Hell, in the first big Sport COmpact Car Ultimate Street Car Challenge, the 2 engine Tib in El Paso had the quickest 1/4 mile.

A TIB. A RD.

QUOTE (Mister_Sinister @ May 4 2006, 05:01 AM)
This is the letter is sent them:

What do you guys think?

Not bad, but tell them you are going to cancel your subscription. LOL

QUOTE (JH~Tibby @ May 4 2006, 06:05 AM)
I wrote that letter like a month ago...Wow it took along time to get published...But hey Im just glad to see it got in there. Also what issue is that from?

Very good work mang. YOu know what? When the new RD Mart comes up soon, you get 1,000,000 points for that.

QUOTE (majiktib @ May 4 2006, 07:51 AM)
good reply sinister. I considered writing a response to the article, but I've never really regarded SuperStreet as a great magazine. I'm sad that I'll be affiliated with them at NOPI, since they help promote it.

Yeah. Look at the guys that did articles on us at Nopi? Hell, look at all of the folks that were very interested in our cars there.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Administrator

It's on Page 45 of the Gold Supra issue... June 2006

I posted reference to it on NOPI's forums and how it upset the entire community and how it puts down the hard work we've done to battle for our aftermarket support. I also posted this on HP's forums
Old 05-04-2006, 10:04 AM

Yes...Out of STRANGE councidence my girlfriend bought me that magazine last night cause I was pissed when I came into work cause 2 people called off on us. I work midnights so hey why not a mag to cheer me up. Then I get home and read this thread and I was OMG, went and grabbed my mag and found it. I read the thing lastnight and didnt even see it.

Yes I agree they were dicks about the hole thing and yes everyone needs to send in a letter to them. Hell even some pics of our COTM and COTY. Let them know were here and we are seriouse about tuning some RDs.

REDZ...Ill be awaiting my points and since obviously SuperStreet isnt sending any stickers...Im not sporting any RDTiburon.com stickers

(Hey my car may not be featured in SuperStreet...But my thoughts were)
Old 05-04-2006, 03:46 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Some pics of some well know tibs may help too (like red turbulence)