Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Rdtiburon Published In Super Street Magazine

Old 05-03-2006 | 11:23 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yah i just emailed them,

"Dear Super street staff:

I was shocked to see that you posted a readers inquiry about tiburons, but i was more shocked to see your response. I truely believe you are underestimating the hyundai tuning population. You have no problems writing articles about the scion Xa and Xb's that after a turbo and some serous engine work, barely manage to get 120 whp. The beta engines in the RD2 tiburon come with 140 hp and 133 ftlbs torque, slap on a turbo and some low (<10 psi) boost and you easily pass 200 whp. Not to mention that the tiburon looks 100X better than any scion. You say that there arent that many people out there that care about hyundais but in your own online forum hyundai owners have more rides posted than such "main stream" makes such as Mazda, Scion, Ford, Chevy, and about the same as Subaru. You guys are caught in the same predisposed image of hyundai that was true of them in the early 90's, it's this image that perpetuates the honda guys to keep thinking nobody tunes hyundais. People do tune hyundais and the fact is that the engine and suspension platform is much better than most of the cars that you have no problem featuring. I dont understand what you were thinking when you actively insulted a good percentage of your readers that may just start buying SCC instead of a magazine that doesnt appreciate their passion.

Alex

2001 Turbo Tiburon "

Hopefully theyll pull their heads out of their asses and see there is life beyond hondas
Old 05-03-2006 | 11:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

dang, well I've only read one super street. I thought it was almost good enough to wipe my butt with...

I've got subs for scc and turbo though. Super street was just a bunch of immature guys going burnout and talking about boobs. LOL come to think of it I think a while back scc refered to them as super boob. lmao.gif
Old 05-04-2006 | 02:02 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Maybe we should write a big "open" letter from all members of our Forum?

Such magazines will never put a Tibby on it's pages, it's simple - if you don't have neon light, huge crome wheels, stripes on the body, body kit.... etc. they don't think you modded your car, cause they are ricers...
And in Tiburon community there are very few ricers.
Old 05-04-2006 | 02:26 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

f***in' ricers... I'm writing when i get a chance..... and let me tell you, it's going to be a long drawn out nasty-gram. I speciffically don't read that magazine because they don't feature anything about my vehical in there. I can't immagine why they would exclude such a large portion of the market.
Old 05-04-2006 | 02:42 AM

Vehicle: 02 Accent

Honestly...did anyone here think that STUPID SREET would take Hyundai tuning seriously? i didnt... for the fact that alex01tib made...they still think of hyundai from the pre-early 90's when hyundai wasnt at its best wink1.gif ...And another thing, I would LOVE for an RD TIB to start showing up in lots of magazines, becasue then more compaines would start producing stuff for rd tibs fing02.gif .....but at the same time i dont....for the simple fact that more and more people will be searching for rd tibs and used parts and that would raise the price of parts FOR ME AND EVERYONE ELSE ON RDTIBURON.COM and certain parts are scarse as it is 02.gif ....so i'm 50/50 wiether rd tibs should be in mags.....oh yea Stupid Street sucks! nana.gif
Old 05-04-2006 | 03:13 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I think that we are one of the most mature communities out there. Obviously Super Street is not, judging by their content..their just a bunch of ricers like a lot of people have mentioned.

I think an open letter from the community would be a great idea.

We know we are a great bunch of people with a great bunch of cars, they dont. fing02.gif
Old 05-04-2006 | 03:29 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

What's Super street's average reader caliber?

here is an actual, undoctored, technical support inquiry from one of their readers That they CHOSE to publish...

"What up Super street staff. Im an import girl looking to fix up my 01 Nissan altima further. Ive got a 4-2-1 header, cheap short ram intake that i bought off eBay, and a poorly welded on exhaust. For suspension I'm using small ass coilovers, which i foun on ebay which are probably not even for my car. Lastly, my car has some tokico shocks and 18 inch racing rims. What else could i do to my naturally aspired KA24DE? All moter if possible. Thanks alot for your help, Super Street."

Wow, thats embarrassing.

I think her first mod would be to throw all the shit away she bought. seriously, poorly welded on exhaust? is she proud of it? admits shes rolling on coilovers that arent for her car, 18 inch racing rims? doubtful, they most likely weigh 30lbs a pop at least.

Naturally aspired? no i didnt type that wrong, apparently she has an engine that naturally has a great ambition toward a ultimate goal, not to be confused with naturally aspirated which means the engine sucks its own air in through the vacuum created in the expansion of the cylinder volume created when a piston travels downward in the cylinder with the intake valve(s) open and the exhaust valve(s) closed. I gotta get me one of those engines, i wonder what the engines personal ultimate goal is, blowing up in her face?
Old 05-04-2006 | 04:04 AM

Ya know, once upon I time I was gonna suggest that we try to get some of our cars into Super "Rice", so that we could get more coverage for the community. Now....F**K THEM! Honestly, I'm amazed that people still read that POS. All they ever show is riced out Civics or 240SXs. Jeez, like I really wanted to see ANOTHER Civic.

I'm all for the open forum letter, and I'll be sure to e-mail them one of my own.

DOWN WITH THE NAZI RICERS! mad.gif mad.gif
Old 05-04-2006 | 04:26 AM

that little blurb pisses me off to no end!!!

if someone said that to me in person they wouldnt be able to make a crack like that again.

i'm down with sending them an open letter or just flood them with 2400 letters from rdtiburon members
Old 05-04-2006 | 04:43 AM

Vehicle: 99 Tibron

omg, justin yeah yall know him, jh-tibby