Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Rdtiburon Published In Super Street Magazine

Old 05-03-2006 | 07:23 PM

Just picked up the latest Super Street and noticed this reader mail... which of you is Justin? Valiant effort my friend! Boo Super Street (not that I care much what they think... I needed some mindless reading).

Old 05-03-2006 | 07:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Isn't supersport like a ricey magizine? I havent read it but thats what Ive heard. SCC I like because it has like stuff on suspension and mods that slow your car down etc
Old 05-03-2006 | 07:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

That's really great publicity for the site too along with the great comments about everyone at the site. Good work Justin! fing02.gif whoever you are smile.gif
Old 05-03-2006 | 07:41 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Not really what I'd like to see but cool his letter got in the mag.

After this weekend look for my face in Super Street. The guys from the magazine are coming to take photos of the event at Phoenix Inernational Raceway and they are shooting pictures from MY corner (turn 4). You can see just about the whole track from this turn, it's on a little hill. They let us drive our cars out to the corner and park it so it'll be cleaned and picture ready.

Although the tib may not be the MAIN subject in the picture, it might be in a few, along with my face and co-worker Aaron. We'll have on white tee's that say ERAURacing (Thanks to phorq! wink1.gif )

Anyways, ricey magazine. Weird opinions, props Justin! fing02.gif
Old 05-03-2006 | 07:49 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

I don't think I'll ever bother reading super street again. I really don't like the comment at the bottom. I don't think they are in any position to say anything bad about any car.

They do tend to put in a lot of the same kinds of cars though, nothing really all that interesting except they do cover shows quite well. I know when Drifting was taking off they did a great job of covering the events, same as Nopi and all those as well.
Old 05-03-2006 | 09:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Props to Justin on that letter! fing02.gif

I just lost a lot of respect for that magazine. I cant believe theyd say something so nasty about a car they probably know nothing about. The cars they keep putting in there are going to get old..and Im noticing they love to put slow Scions in there..honestly thats something I dont want to read about.

Ugh I cant stand ignorant magazines/people like that.
Old 05-03-2006 | 09:05 PM

Nice Justin!! I've been subscribing to Super Street for 3 years now. I love the mag and think its full of good info and laughs, but they will never ever put a RD tib in their magazine. Not even the Kick ass ones like Mad John's and Viper's or anyone elses. They are a die hard Honda and Nissan magazine. But if you would slap a Civic or 240sx emblem on a tib...they'd be all over it. Oh well, maybe the Rd's time will come in a different magazine. Our tibs just didn't get enough publicity when they were first released.
Old 05-03-2006 | 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Ehh, f*** em. They are a riced out magazine. Cyscoo had like a hundred copies of their magazines and I looked through a few, it was a joke.

Nice to see the site name in the press again.
Old 05-03-2006 | 10:19 PM

i'd love to se a mag that would have tib's in it. An all hyundai mag for that matter just so we could spread crap about ricers. fight fire with fire

i'm just fed up with ricers in general i'm gonna have some crazy road rage one of these days
Old 05-03-2006 | 10:46 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

who the hell is justin? stupid editors @ Superstreet are ignorant of our cars