Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Rally Accidents

Old 12-01-2004 | 12:38 AM

Default Re: About ARK

So i offically dont wanna be a rally driver no more.....

http://www.m90.org/view_image.php?image_id=666

My favorite is when they hit trees
Old 12-01-2004 | 06:26 AM

Default Re: Which Kit Would Look Best? (BIG 56k'er Warning)

heh... how do you think I broke the crossmember and ripped out the exhaust in my old excel. ANY motorsport can be dangerous.. but if you look at the cars, it is the shit-boxes that take the most damge. The cheap, front wheep drive hatches.. I saw a couple of the high end rally cars there. At least one AUDI and a LANCIA.. while both took damage, they kept going. The smaller front wheel drive cars are the ones that spun... but then, I digress.. this is why you have a full roll cage, nomex suit, helmit, and a good quality seat bolted SECURELY to the car and a full harness to keep you there.
Old 12-01-2004 | 06:56 AM

^^^ Yep. Safety equipment saves at least one life in almost EVERY rally.

So much fun to watch. ;-)

I beleive HKC also posted more of these over at the old site.
Old 12-01-2004 | 09:18 AM

Default Re: Steering Wheel Puller

Bet those guys are sore as hell after those accidents.
Old 12-01-2004 | 09:19 AM

Default Re: Rally Accidents

Wow. This is why you rally in a car someone else (your sponsors) pays for! lol.gif
Old 12-01-2004 | 09:56 AM

Default Re: Which Kit Would Look Best? (BIG 56k'er Warning)

Sorry, OP AND HKC posted vid links.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=Fo...iewtopic&t=1935
Old 12-01-2004 | 03:33 PM

Default Re: Steering Wheel Puller

QUOTE (CyberShark)
Bet those guys are sore as hell after those accidents.

I can tell you I was when I nailed that bridge.. and as I ran stock, I was only using three point belts.. stock belt abraided my shoulder THROUGH my jacket.
Old 12-01-2004 | 07:14 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: 11-28-04 Desktops

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
I can tell you I was when I nailed that bridge.. and as I ran stock, I was only using three point belts.. stock belt abraided my shoulder THROUGH my jacket.

good way to break a collar bone too... Silly Mad tongue.gif

and the crash where the guy hits one tree and bounces right into another is pretty good...

and i'm sure all of those drivers and codrivers walked away with few scratches. safety first wink1.gif
Old 12-01-2004 | 09:16 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default exhaust help

hey to all 8) if you guys only knew what me and tibwrcsbj knew about rallying you'd pee your pants. this video clips right here are just from some local rallies. local rallies have real huge accidente because they are mostly amateurs and they push their luck.

real rally drivers (colin mcrae, tommi makinen, markko martin, carlos sainz, marcus gronholm, petter solberg, juha kankkunen, sebastien loeb, toni gardmeister, didier auriol, kenneth eriksson, armin schwarz.. (oh boy i know too many) just to name a few know better than to push their limits. infact every factor plays a role for instance, if you use the handbrake too much on tarmac your chances of blowing a tire are that much higher. so instead, they try not to skid or drift on tarmac that much anymore--instead, as sebastien loeb always wins it, cut the corners like f1 and only drift a little with the 4wd. a driver's sponsorship apart from the programme also covers the driver's payroll. and YES, each and every one of them earns more than a moviestar. there was an article on Juha's Ferrari F40. This driver sponsorship is based on a driving contract, much like a player is contracted to an NFL team. this includes a training and fitness program as well as travel coverage.

there are F2 cars. those cars are made by second companies (vauxhall, MSD for example) which are normal cars converted to rally spec. replaced with sequential gear boxes and transmissions and ultra light weight engines, roll cages... basically everything except the body and some panels.

WRC cars are completely re-build according to WRC class. they are pre-designed to have the highest safety features and the highest of all quality parts. each car is worth $300-350,000 U.S. dollars. If you want an example, i have a video documentary of Alister McRae driving a Hyundai Accent WRC on a drag strip VS. a top of the line Nissan Skyline and pulling its pants down. It's because car companies spend millions on a WRC budget and millions making a car like this. So it's no regular car with some regular mods. You can just assume each car is a space rocket made for the ground. The WRC sponsorship can compare to sponsorship of an F1 car such as Mclaren of Ferrari. It is the same exact sponsorship except the cars have bodies that resemble or remind us of compact cars, built for natures worst kinds of endurance.

i would say a lot more. but i know too much so it would turn out to be a 10 page essay...

if you want an example, one of them is when Tommi Makinen is driving in Tour De Corse on the cliffs. There's an S-turn with a concrete guardrail. He hits the guard rail by cutting and misjudging the corner too much. The car, going at speeds around 80mph just bounces off of the concrete straight into the cliff, head on. The car is flipped upside down. Tommi gets out, bracing his head, and his old co-driver, Risto Mannisenmaki has a broken back. They never rallied together again. Makinen had to get a new co-driver. kaj lindstrom. They had a HUGE crash in argentina when he clipped a corner and flipped 10 times into a ditch. whooo 8O

*EDIT* If you guys want to see some crazy footage, this is the place to be:

http://www.ukf1.net

ENJOY! They have a huge selection of massive FIA WRC accidents. I mean MASSIVE!