Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Racer or Ricer?

Old 03-09-2005, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So fender rolling is actually Ricy? I seriously doubt that, I have done it to more than one car over the years, either on purpose or by accident.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Yah, I put "necessary" for that question. I rolled the fenders on the Corvette to fit 315 tires in the back. Looks dead sexy that way. Reminds me I need to get my digi camera working for some piccies of the Tib and my other cars.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:44 PM

Not necessary, for the little clearence it gives, its not worth it.. And looks like shit IMO.. If you want wider/bigger tires, tub the b**** and do it the right way.. If its front wheel drive, and you NEED the tracking for an 11 second far, then it shouldnt be a street car..

Just my opinion of course..
Old 03-09-2005, 09:53 PM

Gran Turismorator
You scored 30%
Old 03-09-2005, 09:56 PM

QUOTE (Tibbychick)
haha, I got:

The Non-Racer
You scored 45% One of two things happened if you received this rating. Either you know absolutely nothing about tuner culture and chose "no idea" often. In this case, i guess i could say congratulations, but really you wasted your time taking this test...actually this test is a waste of time for everyone. The second option is a little rarer. You must be someone that knows a lot about either mechanics or racing, but jack about the other subject....or you're just guessing. Either way, congratulations....you're mediocre...but still not a ricer, for which you should be thankful

I just couldnt help choosing "I like monkeys" lol

I also always wondered about #28. WTF does the floorboard have to do with the manifold??? I never understood why his floorboard fell out if there was a "danger to the manifold".

lol i did the exact same thing - i got 44% and i like monkeys
Old 03-09-2005, 10:16 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
So fender rolling is actually Ricy? I seriously doubt that, I have done it to more than one car over the years, either on purpose or by accident.

yah i initially put necessary. i just found out that his "correct" answer was stupid.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:00 AM

Grand Turismonator
Old 03-10-2005, 12:53 AM

Racer X
You scored 13% Congratulations. You are the real thing. Chances are you could tear down your engine and put it back together in a weekend. You know a decent amount about racing dynamics. The "FATHF" culture has been a bane to your existence since you've been in the game for years before that horrid movie was released. Auto-x, drag racing, track time, you know enough to not sound like an ass while talking about it, and you can probably hold your own on the track too. Race on, good citizen, for you are a true Racer.

This test was retarded.

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
number two is a bad headgasket. The whitestuff if the froth you get when oil and coolant are allowed to mix and get aggitated in an engine.

I was hoping people wouldn't get that one. Had that happen to me a couple of days ago too (not on Tib).
Old 03-29-2005, 09:35 PM

ricer....
Old 04-01-2005, 04:25 AM

Gran Turismorator
You scored 34%
You are a respectable tuner. You probably subscribe to one or more tuner magazines and know, quite a bit about your car and/or racing in general. Either that or you play a shitload of GT3. At any rate, you recognize the difference between a wastegate and a blow-off valve. In time, and with practice, you may attain "Racer X" status since it is supposed that you are relatively new to tuning and still have much to learn. Keep, working, and thank the maker that you're not a ricer.