Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

R.i.p Tibby

Old 10-03-2005, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon Fx

Hey man i know how u are feelin,
Like a year ago i was on my way form school on the highway and i was goin about 65 to 70 mph when some green civic came flyin into my lane and i went into the shoulder and when i tried to bring it back into the lane and the back of my car slide out on me and my car nailed the guardrail in the back quater panel and then the car front frender slammed into the guardrail. i went to the body shop and they said there was over $6000 in damages. And that damn honda never stoped and i didnt get his licence plate #. I actually made out ok, i found a tibby in a junk yard and they sold me the back right side of it for $150, they cut from the armrest back it was a huge piece. I got a a used quater panel, door and fender for under $500, and got it all put on and painted it for under $2000 with the parts. Hopefully you can take your check form the insurance company and buy your car back from the junk yard, and get it fixed with some used parts.

But good luck
Old 10-04-2005, 04:56 AM

Just remember that some cars are written off for being unrepairable, in other words, the car might look fine but have a cracked chassis or other major problems. If it's an economic write off, it's just because the damage is worth more than the car or argreed value.

That's if I remember correctly.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:53 PM

yea a letter came in the mail from the inscurance company saying its totaled and bah blah blah...i need to send the keys in and plates....there giving me 3400 for it....i guess im gonna have to look for a diff. car because there was damage done to the frame and what not, so it might take more money to fix it then its worth, so yea thats the way the cookie crumbles... sad.gif ..at least i didnt get screwed totally
Old 10-04-2005, 04:58 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

fly to florida and pick up that RD1 for sale that java posted. road trip back to NY.

sorry for your loss, it's like losing a close friend... <sniffle>
Old 10-04-2005, 05:05 PM

hey, i'll sell ya a 97 tib for $4k, got plenty of stuff done to it, but it needs some maintenance (new alternator, timing belt, sway bar links), then it'll be mint.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:13 PM

I'm sorry to hear your car was totalled. I hope you find another Tibby!
Old 10-04-2005, 07:23 PM

next time that happens, slam into them. dont swerve. they don't deserve the swerve.
a) it will teach them a very painful lesson, that they will never forget for a number of reasons (each one completely justified)
b) the doctrine of contributory negligence is known to your insurance company as well as the one covering the stupid bytch that pulled out in front of you, and you'll be fine as long as you can produce a witness saying she contributed to the accident in a major way. or at least in theory you should be.
c) if you get another tibby, don't go on stock rubber, the michelin xgt4's suck ass in a major way.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:37 PM

hi everyone its been a while.....today i got a 95 eclipse rs...auto : /...with 70k smile.gif..the guy had it out for 2,900..but i got it down to 2k so im happy....so yea no more tib days for me :'(.....i learned alot from you guys...thx...cya