Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

R.i.p Tibby

Old 10-01-2005, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about that.

Next time HONK mang.

I'm kind of confused how that happened though. Did you spin out of control?
Old 10-01-2005, 08:07 PM

I hope everything works out for you at the end.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:46 PM

thx everyone for all your support....I do have some pics of my car prior to the accident for those who wanted to see it..theres 2 pics in my garage I think....I had some mods on it but nothing major, ngk plugs and wires, just a cd deck and i just put my sort of cold air intake on...got a intake arm at auto zone like one week prior to this and just slapped it on with a K+N filter.... I know its ghetto sry I didnt have the money for AEM. But anyways...I did think of going to the same exact spot to find the lady in the CRV..but i never did...the catch is that the tib is under my moms inscurance and she never put me down as another driver on it....so basically I wasnt spossed to be driving it period...So if i did hit her...than I would have been screwed because there would of been cops and everything at the scene...So it could have been alot worse...Im not sure if i forgot to mention that i drove the car home after it happened...nothing was wrong with the engine...its just all body damage..although the frame was pushed back some the car was still drivable..I have a friend thats dad is a tow truck driver for the auto body shop.....So he towed it to the shop at like 7 saying that he just picked it up...and my mom would call the inscurance company and say that she swirved out of the way of a deer and lost control...The inscurance company bought the story..so pray for me that everything goes well...If they total the car I'll get about 3 or 4 grand the guy said...i guess sumwhere between there is the book value for a 98 fx...But like everyone at schools like oo that sux i loved your car....i liked it because no one else had one, thats why I love the tib because there unique..well all i can do is wait ill try to get pics ASAP...
Old 10-02-2005, 08:30 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Well man, I know exactly what you mean. I was run off the road in my first tibby 4 yrs or so ago.

Next time (I know it sounds sadistic) hit the motherf'ker, in this case you couldn't have because you would have rear ended her/him. But it's worth it man, you car gets paid for and it's not your fault. Teaches them to be an idiot.

Now really this would never happen but think about it. It's so worth it. Instead of your car being totalled, and you having to pay for it. (You realize your premiums are going up right?) So is theirs and they have to pay for both of them. Dammit, I wish I could go back in time sometimes.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Most car insurance companies say that same thing.

For example, they say if a deer runs out in front of you, hit it... dont swerve. Their reasoning "You have proof that there really was a deer and you didnt just lose control".
Old 10-03-2005, 07:09 AM

sad.gif sorry about your tibby, i hope it gets fixed soon.

Last year my tibby was in the shop after i ran off the road tryng my best to miss some deer. They replaced both bumpers and the passenger side door panel. (i hit some crap in the ditch trying to miss the deer)

Anyway, i had tibby back for 2 months and some stupid woman in a suv backed into me in wal-mart parking lot. Had to get tibby fixed again. (i'm a girl that believes 90% of women shouldn't be driving suv's)

Hope you get you tibby back fast! wink1.gif
Old 10-03-2005, 07:41 AM

almost the same type of situation happened to me like 4.5 years ago. i was coming back from school and a car cut out in front of me and was going really slow so i tried to brake and slow down but they were going to slow so i went into the other land and skidded right into a trafic light pole and took the whole thing out and then proceeded to skid on top of it. my car was in the shop for about a month getting repaired. the only mods i had at the time were performance mods and none of them got damaged thankfully.
the guy that pulled out on me stopped, but the police let him go because they said that since his vehicle wasn't involved in the "accident" he wasn't liable for anything. the insurance company and police decided it was my fault because i lost control of the car. they said that if i were to have hit him, he would have been at fault and would have had to pay. sucks, but atleast my car got fixed and my inurance finally dropped back to where it was like 6 months ago. 02.gif
glad to hear you are ok. wink1.gif
Old 10-03-2005, 08:32 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Veilside Turbulence

yeah bro, that sucks, and the dude in the CRV deserves a beatin! smashfreakB.gif I know how you feel though, the same thing happened to me with my tibby, except the person hit me, and there was no guardrail...i still need bodywork done 02.gif goodluck bro!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:07 AM

find it... and key it!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:46 PM

ok the inscurance company totaled the car sad.gif ...I couldnt do anything about it because theres a law where if they total it you cant really do anything about it...so yea thats where im at now...probably will be gettin a check from the inscurance company soon i guess...dam this sux i want my tib back...im tryin to get some pics before they take it away so ill check back will yall later