Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Quit My Job Today!

Old 09-15-2008 | 03:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

congrats... you gotta do what makes you happy and thats where it all stands!
Old 09-15-2008 | 04:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

you gotta do what you gotta do.

I know it happens, a paycut from old job to new job, but i always tried to keep a rule with myself that i either got hired at the same pay rate i got at the old job or no more than $1/hour less. a dollar less i say because everywhere i worked at had evals at 30/60/90 days of emplyment and i could make up whatever i lost back quickly.
Old 09-16-2008 | 07:40 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

^^^I make way too much for someone my age, not like I don't enjoy it but just saying I can handle a cut and still be making really good money. Plus I will get performance based commission that has the potential to bounce me back up.

thanks again to everyone for the congrats

o1silvtiby - sounds like you know the area I'm moving to, I grew up there so I know people all around from WV to DC and all the way down to Richmond so we will def have to meet up some time, where are you at in VA?

mwood - I know your only a couple hours north so we'll meet up too sometime, I'm gonna try and meet up with an old friend/neighbor up there to see if I can get us any deals on paint jobs cause I know we both need them badly
Old 09-16-2008 | 11:29 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yeah sterling is where the money's at. lot of big business there. i've got two friends working for IT there by metro and they make $80,000 at 23 years old. the lucky ones are around the beltway/dulles/rt66/rt7/leesburg areas because of their proximity to major highway. i had a friends dad move out there to a really nice new neighborhood, but it looked like something from edward scissorhands--way too perfect, fake, wierd neighbors, houses made of matchsticks way too close together entirely made for profit. you should know a thing or two about that wink1.gif

have you seen the new gated communities in florida?? just inSANE. not only from what i've seen in sarasota, but in the middle of nowhere they flattened vast amounts of acres as far as the eye can see. made hills in front of the new runway-style highways for exclusivity, built chains and chains of gated community homes nearly on top of one another looking all alike, huge lit up entrances with waterfalls every 4 miles. you would never think you're in florida!!! and it's all for profit. we have friends who live in gated community with HOA. they have problems with the community charging them out of nowhere for bullsh--, charges for community exercise center, pools, pesticide spraying, mowing lawns, maintenance, HOA, security guard (when robberies occur more than non-gated communities) and other various functions i have not mentioned. our friends told us they bought the house for some 4 or 500k and are paying off mortgage. when they refinanced, they lost 300% and are stuck with payments. the construction companies sold the properties off and left in 2006 and now most of them stand empty. they must have earned more than billions!!! they are still building these massive communities as we speak. that's why i have no doubts that our economy will crumble.

i would never live in a gated community though, no way. it's like a cage and you're equal with everyone else and if your neighbor drives a Ferrari what the hell is he doing in a gated in the first place?! haha.

'm gonna try and meet up with an old friend/neighbor up there to see if I can get us any deals on paint jobs cause I know we both need them badly

that would be a dream come true. i'll hold you up to that for sure!
Old 09-16-2008 | 01:21 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Good luck on the new job