Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Question About Rd Tiburons

Old 10-19-2005 | 12:04 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

In Australia, the GK is badged as a Tiburon & also has the "T" (US Tuscani) badge fing02.gif

I would let the "T" badge slide on an RD... The owner is entitled to customise their car whichever they like. It's no more ricey than someone putting a "Coupe" badge on a Tiburon or vice-versa.

Having said that, I personally don't like the chunkiness of the "T" badge.
Old 10-19-2005 | 09:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^
It's way different. A RD2 could be labeled as a Turbulence, or a Coupe, as those were actually the same car with minor differences.

A GK has nothing similar with the RD's at all. They are Tuscani's and Coupe's in some places, but Tiburons in others.

That'd be like labeling the GK a Turbulence.

Ugh.

What would look good though is the BLOCK style Tiburon lettering from the new GK's on a RD.
Old 10-19-2005 | 12:24 PM

For us who go way too into detail with Tibs, it's retarded. But think of the people that don't really care. Do you think 95% of the people that take a glance at your car, whether it's parked our being driven, know or care about the technicalities with our cars? I say there's nothing wrong with it. It's only a problem to the people who go in depth with the different specificities in Tiburons or Hyundais. For everyone else... they don't care or even KNOW, so there really isn't a problem. If the owner likes it, leave it. I'm sure they don't care either.
Old 10-19-2005 | 02:54 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

^^^Yeah I agree. Im in a mechanical engineering program -automotive product design. Its all guys, everyone in it is into cars. Yet none of them would know what the tuscani means anyways. We are the only ones anal enough to care, but I really dont care what you put onto your car.
Old 10-20-2005 | 03:21 AM

BTW guys I drive a GK tiburon and have the tuscani badges. The way I see it... is that its the SAME exact car as the one in korea nothing is different just the switch of the tags I just personally think the flying H is ugly. I think it's ok because its the same exact car not a different model. Anyway I get adleast 2-3 people a day asking me what kind of car I drive or how can I afford that car because I am so young bla bla bla or people pulling up to me asking me how much my car cost an I tell them its a hyundai just to see the look on there faces. Hey its not like I am putting turbulence badges on my tib or something like that the way i see it it is the same exact MODEL as the one in korea not any different. anywa here is my car
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2112803
Old 10-20-2005 | 03:59 AM

^ Nice car mate fing02.gif

I reckon all white is too "clean" looking though... Get yourself a CF hood, gunmetal or black lightweight racing rims & maybe some CF canards or something cool.gif
Old 10-20-2005 | 04:36 AM

yes yes i am planning to do alot with my car, Just got to pay off my debt first laugh.gif Either I am going with the white and black look or the white and all chrome we'll see I love both
Old 10-20-2005 | 04:52 AM

^ Chrome... Ugh...