Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Ps3

Old 05-17-2005 | 01:20 PM

That is the most obnoxious controller I've ever seen.

What were they thinking? Those side points are larger than most children who will end up playing the thing.

Seriously though - not only does it look stupid, it's going to extend way out of your hand. That is not only ergonomically retarded, it is also a waste of material (ie $).

QUOTE (Dad)
"For ****'s sake, Peter!! How many times do I have to tell you - move that damn controller so I can get the car out of the garage!!"

p.s. does anyone else think of the Spider Man movies when they see the typeface used on the top of the ps3?
Old 05-17-2005 | 01:59 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

id just love to see gt5 get the tib in the game correctly..... a 2001 gk...psshhh

word.

The controller? It looks O-K. but it does seriously lack new technology. they need to stop making analog joysticks and start using sensors like on computers. i need to get a job at these facilities and show SONY some real designs everybody would like.

what's the deal with this upright thing? WHY are systems upright? what the hell man. that's just dumb. why is it offsided and not centered? why is the disc drive in the corner and not in the center...

it looks like they hired people from the asylum to make the system.

PS2-3 games are more strategical than fun. it's going to stay that way. it has always been that way. same way tiburons are attractive by cheaper cars as expensive fast cars are fun. playstation has never been fun to me but it has been more realistic. Nintendo has never been realistic but has always been fun. So i guess it's which factor you're willing to have.

sorry guys, but Xbox doesn't impress me. I hate some of the games for PS2 but I hate Gamecube games even more... (it's a kiddies system) it doesn't look like there will be any other systems coming out with this kind of technology. So I guess the best out of the three is this one.
Old 05-17-2005 | 02:11 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

yeah, im not sure about the controller either. guess we'll have to wait to see more details of it.....im not going to judge it on looks alone, i mean it might just be a VERY small system, hence the controller looking big, or something..... i dunno ill wait b4 i make my decision on it though. but im def getting a ps3, no xbox 360....
Old 05-17-2005 | 02:16 PM

/\/\
I got a Ps2 Slim and it is VERY small
Old 05-17-2005 | 08:06 PM

Vehicle: Honda

QUOTE (hotrod @ May 17 2005, 06:30 PM)
True, best selling entertainment of all time. You should slap yourself for not knowing that. I thought you were a Halo fan like me. Ooooh, lol. Haven't seen Halo 3, like i said games keep getting better and graphically speaking Killzone 2 looks pleasing to the eyes like our tiburons, lol. Can't wait for the system wars to begin again. Microsoft is unleashing Halo 3 right when the Playstaion 3 comes out. What a battle. I'd love to see our Tibs on a new system.

The system war? It's over, Sony doubled the power of the 360. The only thing Xbox had going for it was the graphics, at least for me, and now they don't have the best graphics. It's over like Vince Carter in the slam dunk contest.
Old 05-18-2005 | 09:15 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

I'll be buying the PS3 for sure but as for the new system war, it hasn't even begun yet. I love videogames but as for the xbox, they doubled in sales last year over the PS2 and Gamecube put together, so i wouldn't count them out just yet, same goes for Nintendo. Like Random said it's not always about the graphics but gameplay and fun factor. Speaking of fun, i'm going to play Halo 2 right now.
Old 05-18-2005 | 09:22 AM

QUOTE (hotrod @ May 17 2005, 04:12 PM)
I love Halo but i'm not biased and if you have seen the trailer and your not impressed with the graphics and gameplay i suggest you should slap yourself. lol. But then there's Halo 3 coming out. Games are always getting better and before Halo, Goldeneye for the N64 was the King of FPS.

Goldeneye for N64 was the greatest game ever created. Bar none. I think everyone remembers sitting around with three friends playing Rockets or Golden Gun. It was the best EVER. So simple, yet so complex. It is a testament to how important gameplay is versus graphics and all that other stuff.
Old 05-18-2005 | 09:33 AM

QUOTE (Joshuwa)
That is the most obnoxious controller I've ever seen.

Definitely have to agree with that...there's just no need for that and they'll probably be awkward to hold. I have to say I'm excited though...
Old 05-18-2005 | 09:36 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

wrong!!!

best game ever

super ghouls and ghosts for the super nintendo

i STILL can play that for days on end

plus it was declared to be part of the top ten hardest games to beat

and is one of the most sought after games to this date

i still say that the super nintendo was the greatest system ever built
ninja.gif
Old 05-18-2005 | 09:41 AM

QUOTE (raehtz10 @ May 18 2005, 03:22 PM)
Goldeneye for N64 was the greatest game ever created. Bar none. I think everyone remembers sitting around with three friends playing Rockets or Golden Gun. It was the best EVER. So simple, yet so complex. It is a testament to how important gameplay is versus graphics and all that other stuff.

eh sorry faith but im definitely gonna agree with raehtz on this one. Goldeneye OWNS ALL.