Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Props to Taso´s Coupe.......

Old 11-07-2001 | 01:04 AM

Go to your "Gipsy Paint" post in the interior/Audio modifications... smile.gif Hit me up there, and yes, straight props to him, what all does he have done?
Old 11-11-2001 | 04:24 AM

Thank you Turboman!

Yes it is true, in a couple of weeks I am finishing with the tunning of my car. Up to now I have 190horses at the wheels!!! The car is really fast, and I have started punishing must turbocharged and N/A cars in my country. In fact me, Turboman, Veni, and a couple of other crazy guys are opening a Coupe-club and we are going to arrange meetings, and so on...

Soon enough I hope I can get some pictures of my car, and engine and post them to the engine forum. My 0-100km time is 7.1sec up to now and there still is some work to be done to my engine, and I need new tires since every-time I step on the gas pedal I can smell the beautiful smell of burnt rubber!!!

CU around Turboman and many thanks for the respect and the props!!

And NOBODY forget...
1) 265 at the wheels turbo-charged Coupe
2) 190 at the wheels NA moded Coupe...

We put our hand way deep in our pocket since we both LOVE our rockets!!

PS: welcome Veni!

-Tasos-
Old 11-11-2001 | 05:27 AM

what did you do to make 190 n/a at the wheels???? i have to get that ........if you get the time can you make a list of what was done and estimated cost
Old 11-11-2001 | 10:36 AM

damn if that is the case then i find that truly more amazing than any FI tibby. specially since it has been said it could never be done.
Old 11-12-2001 | 12:32 AM

Mister694 : Of course I will make a list and post it to the engine forum.

TiGgEr : Since I (my mechanic) did it, then it can be done.

Guys,I promise as soon as the tuning is finished, I will post a detailed list of all the work that has be done to my motor. Keep in mind, that we had to change the program on the factory ECU. That means that we desoldered the Eprom and in its place we used another one we program with the help of a portable PC while I drive it around. Tuning, is the most difficult part of the whole project. I promise as soon as I finish it, that you will have all the details needed.

wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
Old 11-12-2001 | 07:26 AM

i never doubted that it could be done.
So as it stands do you think you will be able to squeeze any extra horsepower from the car N/A?
Old 11-12-2001 | 08:24 AM

I thought you could get above 275HP in naturally aspirated engines. I have seen builders offering above 300Hp out of this engine with overbore kit to 2.2liter. 190 wheel is great for NA engine but it seems more is still very possible??????
Old 11-12-2001 | 11:55 PM

Guys! You are right! I know I can squeez more horse power from my engine. Actually it is what I am doing right now. No, no over-boring was done.It still is 2000cc. the only problem is with the ECU and fuel managment. Up to now, if I try to get more power, I have to use an extra octane booster with the gas, in order to avoid misfiring and pinging...So we are trying to get more power with-out the use of it... I will keep you informed how-ever. Maybe I have to change the stock ECU to a haltech...Time shall show!

-Tasos-
Old 11-13-2001 | 01:14 AM

Do you need a source for parts for your engine? Cams, head, fuel injection, rods, pistons, valves, ecu etc. etc.