Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Prob. Buying Bagged Tibs Car..

Old 06-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys im probably buying bagged tibs rd from him, and i was wondering a few things.. i am 500 miles away from him, and i dont have a truck. obviously since the trans sounds like it might be bad on the car i would need to transport it home to detroit.. anyone have a good idea for transporting the car here? i was thinking u haul, but then id have to rent truck and trailer, like 900+ bucks to do it.. i know i can get the money for the car, but imma have some troubles transporting it..

anyone have some good ideas. please help, wanna get this car here ASAP, so i can get it on the road, mod it, before kid gets here, and no more car fun..
Old 06-22-2006, 01:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

?? I'm confused, isn't one rd enough?? why are you rushing to get this one when things were tight so you had to back off on your turbo tib project?
Old 06-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Banned

i backed off on the major turbo tib project, cuz i need car as daily driver now, not just extra race car, cuz the grand am is falling apart.. i just got new job, making alot more than last job, this is too good of a deal to pass up.. this will be the girls car.. her dad is probably helping out with the price.. but this is the perfect starter tib.. new paint, kit, all i need to change is front bumper, already rest of kit the girl wanted and the color.. and then ill technically have an rd and rd2, which ive always wanted..

things were uber tight when i was on unemployment for 2 months.. gov't doesnt give you shit for money, but i got my first 2 week check today, and well ill have some extra fun money til the kid gets on his/her way..
Old 06-22-2006, 02:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

well, you've either got to drive it back, fedex it back(yes they ship cars), or the u-haul idea and borrow a truck...
Old 06-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Or you find someone with a truck, give him a case of brew, fill up his gas tank, go rent a hitch and car dolley....and away ya go......
Old 06-22-2006, 11:13 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

You also have the option of renting a truck with a hitch. I find that enterprise usually has the best deals. Half price on weekends, gotta have it for the weekend though. Truck rental from enterprise: $45/day U-haul trailer rental: about $50. It would run you roughly $150-$200 total. Damn man, too bad it's not in my direction. I have a 97 Mountaineer we could haul it with. That way I could meet your woman.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:11 AM
Banned

^^ yah that would be sweet.. once i get this new job all situated, and lots of $$ coming in, ill come out that way for a wknd or something.. good idea on the enterprise rental tho.. looks like i gots some driving ahead of me.. heh.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

isn't the front bumper molded? I'm not sure how high the bags will go, but be careful on getting it on a tow truck (FLATBED@!)