Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Possibly Going To Move.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I think i have finally decided that it would be best to just move the hell out of michigan..

The economy SUCKS up here, and i can't just keep looking for another job every few months.

Where, without doing much research, is the economy bumping? I am looking for a job doing AutoCAD work, in the civil engineering/ land development field.

I have NO money to move, so i don't know how i am going to do it, but at this point, i misewell try..

I was thinking of moving to either the Southwest (Arizona, New Mexico) but its hot as hell there, or the Carolinas, or maybe florida.

I just need to get the hell out of this shit hole of a state..

so shoot up some recommendations please. smile.gif
Old 05-25-2007, 11:25 AM

I'll be buying a house in Ohio sometime soon... lol there are plenty of jobs in the Cincinnati area.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Banned

problem is, i have no money for a house.. what are the prices of apartments in that area like?
Old 05-25-2007, 11:31 AM

uhmm Ohio is pretty cheap to live probably $350-$500 a month for a 1 bedroom
Old 05-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Banned

not bad.. ill have to look into jobs in that area .
Old 05-25-2007, 11:38 AM

yeah i hear the detroit area has a pretty bad economy right now and lots of houses are being forclosed on
Old 05-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Banned

o, im sure its 10X worse than it actually seems.. i have been through 4 jobs in a little over a year.. not fired once.. and never quit.. all because of no work.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:44 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Florida is not a bad spot..plenty of jobs down there (and I mean plenty); Georgia I heard is good too; down south your not going to spend a lot for rent etc. so it's a good deal.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Huntsville, AL has a ton of jobs coming in, and being the home to Marshall Space Flight Center, there are lot of possibilities. I'm a CAD drafter as well and the company I worked for was really wanting someone when I arrived. Around here is like an engineering hometown, lots of opportunities available.
Housing is really good too, lots of available places, and if you live far enough out of town, it can get pretty reasonable. Plus it's small enough that "out of town" is less than half an hour away. Gas is around $3.10 though.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:59 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I was thinking of moving to either the Southwest (Arizona, New Mexico) but its hot as hell there, or the Carolinas, or maybe florida.

Contrary to popular believe, it is not blistering hot everywhere in the SW. Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma ..yeah. But in the higher elevations (Prescott, Flagstaff, Kingman, Albuquerque) it is not. It SNOWS in Arizona/ABQ.

The Phoenix/Tucson area are two giant MEGA cities. As far as jobs go, you can basically have your pick and it's there. They predict in a decade or two the two cities will pretty much be one big MEGACITY (currently, there is only about 10 miles of desolate land between the two cities).

We have like 7 of the top 10 fastest growing cities in our state alone. Anywhere you go, it is a buyer's market (Real Estate-wise..)

Phoenix has everything from the ghetto to mansions.

Where I live, a VERY nice 3 bedroom 2 bath house with oversized garages and 1/4 acre land, 1300+ sq. ft run in the $190,000 to $210,000 price range. There are brand new houses waiting for you to specify how you would like them layed out in the $200,000 price range. I am 19 and currently setting up a contract for such house with NO DOWN PAYMENT and will be paying roughly $1,000 a month for the mortgage. It is VERY easy to find a house you can afford here.

But the AutoCAD job market in my town probably isn't the best. It's a 90 mile commute to Phoenix from here, LOL.

Best of luck with the move.

Stay away from California. (cool to visit, hell to live).