Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Play On Xbox Live? Hell, Play Online At All?

Old 10-24-2009 | 12:30 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I heard about this amonth or so ago but forgot to look at it until today.

Microsoft put a new forum up at their Xbox forums for folks that are banned from Xbox Live to ask questions.

Now, keep in mind, Microsoft emails you with the reasoning you were banned WHEN you are banned, so these folks are just trying to get by.

So, if you'd like to see some of these cheating, racist, whining bastards get served, go read some of these.

http://forums.xbox.com/1386/ShowForum.aspx

Best one I've seen yet...

http://forums.xbox.com/29583291/ShowPost.aspx
Old 10-29-2009 | 03:33 PM

I'm SOOOO going to use this. Back when Halo 3 first came out I owned an original xBox with xBox Live. I transferred my account to my cousin's xbox 360 to play Halo 3 for the weekend, but when I got home and tried to re-transfer my account to my original xbox I was banned for over 9000 YEARS!. Yes, YEARS. WTF? I'm gonna have to ask whatsup

Those freaks denied my post. Said it happened too long ago for them to explain themselves. Thats complete BS if you ask me. I was suspended until 12/31/9999 for absolutely no legitimate reason...
Old 10-29-2009 | 04:19 PM

There's always a reason. Perm bans like that usually come from something really agregious, like spouting off racial stuff, or some sort of harassment, and even nudity on the webcams. I got banned once for a week about 2 years ago. I thought it was funny, and didn't ever find out why (I think my "Redheads do it better" motto was it), but now I just mind my P's and Q's a bit better.

It's their network.
Old 11-03-2009 | 01:02 PM

I think they thought I had stolen a copy of Halo 3 somehow or something like that. This was back in the day of the original xbox when we didn't even have bios or mottos or any of those bells and whistles. Hell, I didn;t even have a microphone. I was just mindin my own business =\
Old 11-03-2009 | 02:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon 5spd

REDZ, are you handing out bans to Xbox users as well now?
Old 11-03-2009 | 04:44 PM

^^^
I don't even do that here.

There's like 9 people banned here from over 6 years, and several are duplicate accounts.

QUOTE (Shark Bite @ Nov 3 2009, 01:02 PM)
I think they thought I had stolen a copy of Halo 3 somehow or something like that. This was back in the day of the original xbox when we didn't even have bios or mottos or any of those bells and whistles. Hell, I didn;t even have a microphone. I was just mindin my own business =\

THOUGHT you did?

LOL

They DO have ways of knowing you know.

I listen to the podcast at MajorNelson.com and they are always talking about it.

Like if they see you playing Halo 4 for example. They know where they have sent copies to, so if they have sent copies to New York, and you are playing it in Bermuda, BAN.

Old 11-03-2009 | 06:06 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX

Oh this is an awesome thread!

We actually keep track of the ways and reasons they do it on XBoxScene.

Last huge permaban spree was from... early playing of ODST and Forza 3, early play is completely prohibited and automatically results in a NO EXPLANATION NECESSARY PERMA BAN. They know release dates and know when the first REAL OWNERS should be online. But like once someone intime zone 1 gets on, all other zones are clear. So if some douche from GameStop gets on it a day early cuz they received ship he should be fine. If he gets on 3 days early BAN. For early release play they dont ban your GT they ban your MAC so... That XBOX can NEVER get back on LIVE. I had 2 hacked 360's and about 60 games. I didnt rehack 1 to the latest version cuz it was with my dad and it was permabanned and he threw it away. They ban accounts for all kinds of dumb shit. I was suspended for a week b/c I said that marines kill people but airforce keeps their girlfriends company while they are busy.(was directed to someone... lol)

Anyways... any questions about banning or modding or anything really 360 related, feel free to ask.
Old 11-03-2009 | 08:57 PM

It wasn;t even early! i think it was just the fact that I went from original, to 360, back to original in a matter of two days. It's completely bogus and at this point I don;t really care, I just wanted to know why.
Old 11-04-2009 | 08:22 AM

QUOTE (1stGenTib @ Nov 3 2009, 06:06 PM)
Oh this is an awesome thread!

We actually keep track of the ways and reasons they do it on XBoxScene.

Last huge permaban spree was from... early playing of ODST and Forza 3, early play is completely prohibited and automatically results in a NO EXPLANATION NECESSARY PERMA BAN. They know release dates and know when the first REAL OWNERS should be online. But like once someone intime zone 1 gets on, all other zones are clear. So if some douche from GameStop gets on it a day early cuz they received ship he should be fine. If he gets on 3 days early BAN. For early release play they dont ban your GT they ban your MAC so... That XBOX can NEVER get back on LIVE. I had 2 hacked 360's and about 60 games. I didnt rehack 1 to the latest version cuz it was with my dad and it was permabanned and he threw it away. They ban accounts for all kinds of dumb shit. I was suspended for a week b/c I said that marines kill people but airforce keeps their girlfriends company while they are busy.(was directed to someone... lol)

Anyways... any questions about banning or modding or anything really 360 related, feel free to ask.

Well, I'd take what folks are telling you with a grain of salt. Like on here, people saying they did something when they didn't.

That guy AlphaX3 for example, saying he got dozens of PM's in one day about how the staff was retarded.

IPB has, built in, a forum statistics log that shows how many PM's get sent a day.

The day he said they were sent there were 15 PM's sent, and the day before and after, there were 18 PM's sent on the entire site.

Yeah.

Anyways, Microsoft doesn't ban folks on there for playing early, if you got a legit copy. If you went and bought a pirated copy, even if you have a reciept for it, you are banned. They KNOW where the copies of the games are. I got a copy of Fallout 3 a week early, and nope, no ban. I got it from Gamestop, and had my reciept.

The USER doesn't get in trouble for breaking of street dates.

Someone on that forum recently photochopped a PRE ORDER reciept for a game and showed it as his reciept.

They aren't stupid.

Hell, that's just the NON secretive ways they know of what you are playing. The inside stuff could be even more. Say you are playing an early press version of the game like the ones given to walkthrough books and such, they often put a spare piece of code in there making the disk size different. Someone gets it and copies it, selling the game shrink wrapped with professional covers and all, and you log into XBL with it. They see you have a pre press version and shouldn't, BAN.

No one is infalliable, but with how big of pricks most folks on XBox Live are, I believe MS more than them.
Old 11-11-2009 | 01:25 PM

I would totally go with anything microsoft has to say against early play and the such, but this wasn't even the day of release, it was the weekend after the official release date or something like that. And I highly doubt my 13 year old cousin got his hands on an illicit copy of halo 3. I was just very confused when I was banned for 7990 years.