Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Pissed

Old 04-28-2008 | 09:13 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

i got two of them antennas. i got great signal with them but the antenna is molded only to the top of the bolt and there fore has no inner strength. i've been needing to talk to paul abou this cause all it would take is making them bolt out of all thread and a nut instead of a bolt. using part of teh all thread bolt as some inner structure to the antenna.
Old 04-28-2008 | 09:30 AM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

the older model shorty anteanna was just epoxyed, paul made all the newer models tig welded and sent replacements for free... did it look like it was snapped off or like water got in and rusted the bolt loosing the bond between metal and epoxy? (i would just send a pm with a picture with ur sn and ur broken part along with ur shipping info in the pm ect. fing02.gif)

better reception with the tig welded version btw, but still not exactly up to par with stock(which i expected)

edit:^thats a great idea, and would help reception to!^ i think i know what im going to try with the broken one i have now, lmao!
Old 04-28-2008 | 09:50 AM

well I guess i can send him a picture the bolt is rusted, I dont know if water got in or what, but I guess I can PM him and see what he says, and I would show him the other part but I have no idea where the antenna is lol
Old 04-29-2008 | 05:52 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

will do muff, thanks for the fyi.
Old 05-03-2008 | 06:38 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (Mr. Muffin @ Apr 28 2008, 10:30 AM)
the older model shorty anteanna was just epoxyed, paul made all the newer models tig welded and sent replacements for free... did it look like it was snapped off or like water got in and rusted the bolt loosing the bond between metal and epoxy? (i would just send a pm with a picture with ur sn and ur broken part along with ur shipping info in the pm ect. fing02.gif)

better reception with the tig welded version btw, but still not exactly up to par with stock(which i expected)

edit:^thats a great idea, and would help reception to!^ i think i know what im going to try with the broken one i have now, lmao!

Correct, how come no one PMed me or anythign about this? And how did I miss this thread? I am happy to help correct problems/ satisfy customers, but I can't if I don't know about it!!

OK 01Tibby and javageek and anyone else:

I cannot explain how it broke, or how moisture entered the area of the weld and rusted the weld, all I can tell you is that I am now on the "3rd" generation of antennas which are fully welded at the base, into one solid piece, all the way around. I will probably take a picture the next time I do them.

I'm not sure if you had the 1st epoxied version or 2nd double spot welded one, but either way, about 100% of the 1st version and 15% of the 2nd version break, that's all there is to it.

I have replaced every one I have been informed of. I am not in this to make a crap product, the truth of it is is that there are 400+ people running around with them currently with no problems. I will make changes as necessary to improve the product just as I did before.

Urson, I have looked into that exact design and currently the price does not justify that, but I will look into it again and see if I can find a better price.

EDIT:

OK if anyone can find continuous threaded 7mm rod or 7" 7mmx1.00 bolts, PLEASE let me know.

See the only wway to get those things (I think) is to have them custom-manufactured which is VERY expensive, like $20/ea... 02.gif
Old 05-03-2008 | 10:59 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Sorry PJM, like I said in the PM I went out of town so didn't have time to contact you before I left. Thanks for the quick response though, I am looking forward to the new antenna.