Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Is Phorq Really Leaving?!

Old 07-06-2006 | 07:48 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I know what you mean about the bodykit thing. I personally don't like bodykits because of that hassle. But why don't you put the body back to stock? Maybe add just a few bolt on body pieces that are easily replaceable, yet stand out.

And used Santa Fe's are cheap! Maybe you could wait a while and come up with a down payment for a used one. Remember, insurance for a 2nd car is only gonna cost you like $10/mo.
Old 07-06-2006 | 08:48 PM

valid points, all around. I actually took a trip over to the local hyundai dealer tonight. Looked at the new 07 Santa Fe... that thing is intense. I'm looking at getting a $18k-$22k 4WD, but the only one they had here was $28K... dang. nearly 3X as much as I paid for the tib... and it didn't even have the optional 3rd row seat option.
the only older Santa Fe that I've liked enough to own is Spawn's from HP.com.

Looked at the Tuscon too.. but... it's just too plain on the inside, and kinda blah on the outside. No exciting colors either.

Also looked at the Dodge Caliber, and it has a ton of nice features... but A.)it's american B.)it's got a 3 year warranty and C.)it's reliability reviews have blown.

Jon, I thought about that too, but, even if I kept it more stock, I wouldn't want to drive it in the harsh NY winters... and I'd still have the storage problem.

I have considered keeping the tib (don't get your hopes up), but it's gonna be so, rediculously hard to store the tib again this year for winter... I envy ya'll with garages... and then the ol' pink accent... <grumble>

Well, it's still in the works, it's not solid concrete yet, but I did cancel the order for the correct color konigs tonight, so it's close to concrete.

I'll keep everyone updated... thanks for not hatin'!
Old 07-07-2006 | 08:57 AM
Banned

hey man, U CANT GO. lol anyway, if storage is an issue, i might be getting a place soon, hopefully with a garage, a big one too, and if u wanted to store it here over the winters, i would have no problem, id even start her up daily and move it around to keep the tires ok. u cant leave mang, dont do it.
Old 07-07-2006 | 09:30 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Pick up a 3.5 L Kia Sorento man. I bought a 2004 and absolutely love that truck. Big enough to tow my tib too.

You can pick one up at Carmax with less than 10,000 miles on it for under 20K bro.
Old 07-08-2006 | 12:57 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Phorq... someone else backed into you... won't their insurance pay to fix it? Get the entire car redone by another shop WITH A GAURANTEE this time. Keep it, if you sell/trade, you won't get what it's worth. You know that

If anything else, run into a pole or something in a parking lot with no cameras. Call police and say somebody hit your car (bumper/fenders) and it was a hit & run. .File it with insurance and they'll pay to repaint it and everything.

One more thing... whoever you sell it to, make sure you require that they become a member of this forum. That should go with all members here
Old 07-08-2006 | 03:05 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

QUOTE (majiktib @ Jul 8 2006, 04:57 PM)
If anything else, run into a pole or something in a parking lot with no cameras. Call police and say somebody hit your car (bumper/fenders) and it was a hit & run. .File it with insurance and they'll pay to repaint it and everything.

Aaahh... Now, that's the sort of advice that makes a good "Super Mod"! wink1.gif
Old 07-08-2006 | 09:26 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Oz... I'm ready for anything that gets him to keep his car
Old 07-08-2006 | 09:45 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

QUOTE (OzFxCoupe @ Jul 8 2006, 05:05 AM)
Aaahh... Now, that's the sort of advice that makes a good "Super Mod"! wink1.gif

LOL
Old 07-08-2006 | 10:32 AM

I'm working on a plan to keep the tib, everyone. Thanks for all the posts of support. I came to the realization that I took my car one step past the daily-driver status. And I originally bought this car to be my reliable daily-driver. SO. I'm going back to the used-car chain (kinda like Carmax but only located in upstate NY and PA... www.Simmons-Rockwell.com) as they have used Elements (in orange) for around $14K-$15K. The brand-spankin' new Element I was looking at was $21K... SO, by getting a slightly used one for about $6K-$7K less, I should be able to keep the tib (though off the road).
The Element will be my daily-driver, and I'll continue to push deep past the daily-driver status to full show-car status for next year's season.

This is only tentative planning, but the most up-to-date.

Here's the pic that's been the wallpaper of my compters for the last week here. drillsergeant.gif

Old 07-08-2006 | 10:43 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

sounds like you are making a good decision on keeping the tib fing02.gif ...now just find somewhere to store the tib and you will be good to go