Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Is Phorq Really Leaving?!

Old 07-05-2006 | 07:25 PM

thanks for the support, all. and if I could afford to, I would keep the tib, but I'd need it's value to be my down payment.

I also have many buds locally giving me a majorly hard time about it, but I'm going with my brain instead of my heart this time.

I also see it as, when my car was mainly stock in appearance, if somebody damaged it, horray, new aftermarket parts were ordered by the end of the day on someone else's dime. Now that the only stock panels on the car are the doors, roof and the rear quarter panels, if someone hits me, I have to fix my already modded panel(s). And that's heartbreaking. I'm discovering I'm not fond of setting myself up for heartbreak.

You all totally, totally rock. And it's not like I'm dying here... lol. I'm still gonna be here, just not rocking the same ride. but you know I'll always have the crooked H in my heart!

It's gonna be a rocky ride here for the next couple weeks as I work out finances, but I'm sure it'll work out in the end.

Shirts are getting wrapped up here, so no worries there. They'll all be shipping by the end of the week. Oh, and if ya'll recall me talking about that fancy $15k shirt printing machine hackerthreads was considering, we just purchased it, and it arrives in the next week or two. HKC, your shirts are gonna look great! And single shirt reprints will be possible (finally).
Old 07-05-2006 | 07:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Jul 5 2006, 06:52 PM)
everybody's leaving! i guess it's not worth modifying hyundais. we all find this out the hard way.

^^^Better check yourself bro. We don't need that type of talk around here. Most of us are into this scene for other reasons besides trying to keep up with the Jones' (Subys, evos, hondas,ect...) Most of us could buy better "tuner" cars, but yet we stick with hyundai's. While we can't compete in the horsepower wars (not without big$$$) we have a vehicle that is unique. You don't see them everywhere. Unfortunately we don't have the aftermarket support from performance part manufacturers, hell we don't even have support from Hyundai, but we have the support of folks who truly care about these cars. And hell necessity is the mother of invention. That's why we need guys like Luke, Jeremy, Tim, David, Evan, Viper, Airborne, Pat, ect...(I mean everyone!!!!)
No matter what else I buy I will always keep my Tib. I have learned so much because of it. And everyday I still get people rubbernecking when I drive by and people stopping me all the time to ask me what kind of car it is. That to me is worth so much more than having a high horsepower cookie cutter car. Plus it would be hard for me to explain the red shark tattoo'd on my arm!

Phorq, don't do it bro. You want something for the winter, pick up a beater and store the tib. I feel you on the stressing to keep it up to your standards. It drives me nuts too. But what I said above far outways that. You and your car are what I consider one of the cornerstones of our community. Don't give up the fight! drillsergeant.gif
Old 07-05-2006 | 07:57 PM

QUOTE (phorq @ Jul 6 2006, 02:25 AM)
I also see it as, when my car was mainly stock in appearance, if somebody damaged it, horray, new aftermarket parts were ordered by the end of the day on someone else's dime. Now that the only stock panels on the car are the doors, roof and the rear quarter panels, if someone hits me, I have to fix my already modded panel(s). And that's heartbreaking. I'm discovering I'm not fond of setting myself up for heartbreak.

I can completely understand your frustration. I felt the same way every time my car was ever hit or totalled (twice). But instead of giving up I bought new parts and even a new tib, lol. Ive gone through 3 Zefiro front bumpers, 2 aftermarket hoods, and fixed the gorilla fenders to the tune of almost $1000. Although Ive considered giving up and more recently selling the car, deep down I could never live with myself if I did that. What Im trying to say is give it time, dont rush into anything. What you're feeling now you might regret later on. Make sure you are positive thats what you wanna do. If you do sell it I would hope you keep it in tact the way it is. I'd assume though that if you do trade it in that you will put it back to stock.
Old 07-05-2006 | 08:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^I agree to think it over a little more. I mean, Ive been through hell and back with my car. There were a lot of times where I considered selling it..but I started thinking more rationally and thought "hell no, thatd be giving up". Its your decision and if you do decide to sell it, sell it to someone who knows cars and will take care of it.
Old 07-05-2006 | 10:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Definately don't do it P, everyone that has been THIS much into their Tibs and have gotten rid of it, have always, ALWAYS been sad about it. As for a trade in? Dude, you are NUTS. Keep the car, go to Carmax, and get a decent newly used vehicle. That's what I did, and my payments are pretty reasonable, and i got EXACTLY what I wanted.
Old 07-05-2006 | 11:25 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i say ride it to the last drop dude, it won't do you no harm.

is it me, or is everyone with 5-speed having the notion to sell their cars?! everyone that's sold their cars has had a 5-speed manual. everyone that's sold their automatics either wanted to switch to 5-speed or just complained because autos are slow. but it seems to me that every 5-speed person has the desire to sell their car.

i was on a 5-speed elantra before the tiburon and i loved that thing! sure it was a cheap tin can but i still loved it and i loved shifting. i don't know about you guys but my tiburon doesn't feel like any other tiburon i've driven. i've driven my sister's 98 tiburon, 00 tiburon, my friends brothers 5-speed 01 tiburon, a GK 5-speed, and my friends brother's 98 1.8... NONE of them felt like my car for some reason. My car feels like it's off the assembly, great quality, leather everywhere. it's not my imagination, but i'm going to stick around for a long time.
Old 07-05-2006 | 11:28 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

it would suck to see you go.
Old 07-06-2006 | 01:04 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

And to think, this car spawned the "Angel Vents", which spawned "Haloz" and later after a year or so "FlyRyde". Friggin nuts man. I'm keeping my black tib till it burns. I think if I wasn't stuck with such a loss if I ever got rid of it, there would be different variables... but, no variables, just thousands and thousands that I'll never get out of it. I hope you get the thousands you deserve for it, or at least a 3rd, or half, lol. Good luck either way!
Old 07-06-2006 | 04:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

You can't go! You're car's a celebrity!!! See what I mean at:
Phorq's Tib on eBay as a model
Please get another car that you can use, and keep yours!!
SE

PS If you didn't give those people permission to use your car's pic on their ad, you can collect some nice money from them in a lawsuit for stealing your photographic property, and possibly even pay for another car!
Old 07-06-2006 | 07:32 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

If you get something else, at least keep it in the Hyundai family. Have you looked at the new Santa Fe's? I could see you doing something amazing with one of them.