Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Pc ?

Old 10-26-2005, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok i want to play my Ps2 on my laptop (dell 9300 top of line) i got media center and tv tuner cards but i cant get it to work i know i can because during TV setup with media center i see the game and all. If any knkow how i can get it to work that would be great
Old 10-26-2005, 05:57 PM

look for PS2 emulation software..you need special programs
Old 10-26-2005, 06:27 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

If you are hooking the PS2 up to your laptop via the TV-tuner card, I know some tuner cards wont decode 'protected' signals, meaning you cant plug a DVD player in and watch movies on your laptop screen. I'll go ahead and assume that the PS2 is also sending a protected signal that cannot be viewed?
IF you are looking for a PS2 emulator for PC, I dont think they exist. I believe hackers have only been able to get to, say, the title screen of a couple games, and have not made any emulators that actually work with real PS2 games. (this was the case a couple months ago,... something could have emerged since then).
Which ever method you are trying, there IS a way to hack it. Browsing google would be the best way to find information on your tuner card IMO.
good luck fing02.gif
Old 10-26-2005, 06:35 PM

i have been try google. i works cause when i set up "TV settingson media center i can see it play i just cant get it past last set up part. It wants a remote.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:37 PM

So the question is actually "how can i set up my laptop to connect to a video feed without having a media centre remote"?
Old 10-26-2005, 06:40 PM

QUOTE (funkypc @ Oct 26 2005, 06:27 PM)
IF you are looking for a PS2 emulator for PC, I dont think they exist. I believe hackers have only been able to get to, say, the title screen of a couple games, and have not made any emulators that actually work with real PS2 games.

bs.. emulators been on the net for a while
first search: http://www.uplink.ru/p/ps2_emulator.html

PS1 emulators were VERY popular. (one of the biggest was Bleem)
Old 10-26-2005, 08:47 PM

i dont want to get into an argument lol, but have you gotten any of them to actually work for you?
lets take a look at http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/ps2/pcsx2.html
"World\'s first Playstation 2 emulator. This is the first PS2 emulator that slowly shows us that commercial games might soon be fully playable!"
ok, how 'bout http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php...utrinosx2.html
"Just as the other emulators of its kind, its still under construction, so yeah it means that you can't run any commercial game with it. "
like I said originally, a couple months ago I couldnt find anything that would actually work, but this could have changed my now!!
(however, a quick browse of google confirms what I orignally said! smile.gif )
I am not, however, disagreeing that there are PSone emulators. I also know that these exist.

meh
Old 10-26-2005, 08:49 PM

yes, i have. I do have currently a PS2 eulator that kinda works(takes a lot of resources.) and bleem was working perfect for ps1.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:35 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

you best bet is going to be talking with tech support for your tv-tuner. (guessing it a usb tuner?) and see what they say. guys either way I don't think the emulator is the solution he's looking for. what about controllers plus an emulator for the whole ps2 is going to be a system resource hog unless his laptop is a serious beast i'm betting it would be laggy.

what kind of tuner is it?