Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Ok, Random Question

Old 11-08-2008 | 08:27 AM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

Does drinking certain liqours make you feel different, ex. mad, sad, etc? I got a buddy who says he gets mad whenever he drinks vodka and another that gets mad everytime he drinks captain morgan and horny after tequela. I dont think i get different drinking certain liqours.
Old 11-08-2008 | 09:09 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Superstition
Old 11-08-2008 | 09:55 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

^^^wrong.

Its not superstition. Donald gets one of two ways after drinking, i cant remember what its called.... but anyhow, the chemicals in certain alcohols may react differently with your body than with someone elses. Dont get me wrong you cant always blame the alcohol for your good or bad mood, but its like any other liquid. Some people react differently than others....
Old 11-08-2008 | 10:09 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah, any other liquid that's my point. Water; Sunny D, juicy juice, ocean spray, snapple.... caffeine; coke, diet coke, mountain dew, coffee, no-doz.. Taruine; Red-Bull, NOS, AMP...

Alcohol is a drug which effects your mental state as a depressant. If you always order a speciffic flavor of alcohol when you've got energy or happy or sad, then it will effect you the same way it always does. Not because it's got magic mind altering properties, but the alcohol will effect you the same way it always does.

PS. I get so angry when I run out of sunny D.
Old 11-08-2008 | 11:01 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Doesn't really make sense. It's all just ethyl alcohol to the brain. The brain doesn't know the difference between vodka and beer -- it's just alcohol!

However, OTHER chemicals and substances in the bottle COULD have an affect on your brain. But nobody really knows what is added in the rum, tequila, vodka, whatever that could affect you in other ways. Maybe there are some types of alcohol that include, for example, an aphrodisiac, or something..

Basically, it's possible because of other additives in the bottles, but there would really be no coclusive evidence without knowing the ingredents.
Old 11-08-2008 | 12:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I donno... alcohol does the same to me... i get philosophical and slap happy...IF the gf is around frisky...no matter what im drinking so i would say that it doesn't matter.
Old 11-08-2008 | 07:38 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

yeah, i get ass slapping happy. but i'm just talking bout drinking straight shots of liqour not mixed.
Old 11-08-2008 | 10:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

It may seem like mumbo jumbo, but it's completely true, anyone with a functional alcoholic in their family can tell you so.

Jack Daniels gets me very irritable, so I don't drink it. My wife gets violent if she drinks Tequilla Rose, so she doesn't.

I've not found any other issues with any other liqours, except for licorice flavored ones making me instantly throw up.
Old 11-08-2008 | 11:01 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

no jeagar bombs for you lmao.gif but soju is a must if i do say so myself
Old 11-08-2008 | 11:09 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

Yes I think in many cases things like wine makes people slightly more chilled out, whereas hard liquor makes people slightly more violent. Not for all people tho..

DTN - yes, alcohol affects you in the same way, but each drink has other variables, like how fast the alcohol is digested/absorbed, and what other substances are in there, and how they all interact with your body..