Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

OFFICIAL Bat Dyno #'s - UPDATE Pictures are up

Old 12-20-2002 | 01:43 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner
Default OFFICIAL Bat Dyno #'s - UPDATE Pictures are up

hehehe got you all...

Ok, here's the scoop, sorry it's taken so long, but there's been shows and this and that, but finally everything is done. I will post everything that has been going on with the car since the last update a good while ago... All I can say is this, be ready for headaches once you go turbo... I remember even those that purchased a complete kit like Alpines had problems, hopefully not anymore... and well all I can say is you learn from everything and Edwin and I have learned trust me... everything from finally learning how to use the OBDII program, to a little S-AFC Tuning... but it's all worth it, the power feels so good you want more, yes it's scary at times, especially at 15 psi which I've yet to use it as daily driven like that, so for now it stands my low boost setting at 12 psi...

DYNO DAY AND TIME
Tomorrow, December 21st at LUJAN MOTORSPORTS at 9:00am

I'm the first to go, Willy the owner loves the car and how it feels, he will see if it might need a little more tuning than what was accomplished by Dynamic, I can't wait...

All I ask from all of you is that you pray for me and the car, lol cause I can't tell you, how freaked I am to do this... I've never owned a turbo car in my life, and well I've heard how it sounds on a dyno and it's scary, I hope my car remains intact and it doesn't blow like some out there hope it does...

Can't wait... I'll post tomorrow

[ December 21, 2002, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Bat Lord ]
Old 12-20-2002 | 02:31 AM

Vehicle: 2000 carbon tiburon

sweet cant wait to see the results keep us posted
Old 12-20-2002 | 06:28 AM

thanks, I will...
Old 12-20-2002 | 08:39 AM
Red

Remember, when in doubt on the tuning, run it rich. When that thing is at full throttle, don't let the A/FR come above 12.5:1 at the LEANEST; you should probably settle at 12:1 or even richer depending on the boost. Hopefully your dyno operator can help you out a bit with that...

Also just make sure to consistantly feed it good gas from a reputable shop. If you're forced to buy gasoline that you really aren't sure about, then by all means turn the boost down. 15psi on your setup with good gas may be easily done, but jack that puppy way down to 7psi or less if you're ANYTHING unsure of the fuel.

That's really it. So long as the tuning is good and the fuel is up to par, drive it like you mean it smile.gif Don't be the owner of a 275 wheel horsepower car only to drive it like grandma wink
Old 12-20-2002 | 11:06 PM

i await the results of this... good luck!
Old 12-21-2002 | 04:35 AM

Well there's lot to say, unfortunately there was a small problem: Basically car is leaning in HIGH BOOST and here's the problem:

1- I have 440 cc's with a 6:1 FMU and a 255 pump

Ok now that we have that info

2- the problem is that the fuel pressure is going to high so it's locking the RC injectors, the solution is getting a vaccuum bleeder they call it, that will go on the FMU... and from what the dyno shows, to run the kinda power the car is producing at least a 3:1 FMU is needed problem is that there's no way of knowing if that's enough, so a bleeder is better in this case...

3- after all, I was not able to dyno in high boost, also since he kept tuning it he kept erasing the readings, but I was able to grab one, and I'm sure you will all like it...

Here are a couple of the pics and what you all have been waiting for is the last one, I think you can make it out, I'm happy with it:

And here it is, in case you can't make it out, on low boost only 11-12 psi

it says 252.4 Dyno 1 and 252.7 Dyno 2
Old 12-21-2002 | 05:33 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

Red, i think you're project is coming due. wink Untill then, i think we have the most powerful tibby in North America here.
Old 12-21-2002 | 05:47 AM

Ok, n00bie question.

Is that wheel HP because if it is, I shall bow to thee and the almighty Cobalt Blue Tiburon.

Good show, Yuri.
Old 12-21-2002 | 06:07 AM

since it is measured at the wheels, i don't see why they would convert it to crank hp.

nice Yuri... very very nice.

[ December 23, 2002, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 12-21-2002 | 06:55 AM

Na that's at the wheels Hootie... thanks guys

Willy the owner thinks he can get the bleeder by Monday, if he can and he has space on Monday or Tuesday, he asked me to drop it off, even thursday if his wife has to work, then he'll go to the shop just to tune my car... He likes what he saw, and it proves that what DYNAMIC TURBO has been speculating power wise is true... at 15psi I should be close to 300 if not over... so give me 1 week or 2(I hope not), and I will post the final outcome...