Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

This is the NRA's plan after a week of silence: An armed guard in every school

Old 12-21-2012, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Beta Accent GSi
Default This is the NRA's plan after a week of silence: An armed guard in every school

PDF Link

I call on Congress today to act immediately, to appropriate whatever is necessary to put armed police officers in every school — and to do it now, to make sure that blanket of safety is in place when our children return to school in January....If we truly cherish our kids more than our money or our celebrities, we must give them the greatest level of protection possible and the security that is only available with a properly trained — armed —good guy.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

A conservative group wants to increase government spending? Oh that's right... bigger government is OK as long as it's supporting a conservative agenda.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

^ NOW you're catching on.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

It's not the NRA's position to be making policy's on saftey in America, its for the elected puppets to do.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

They aren't making policy.

I don't agree with this, at all. The very few isolated incidents that occur garner HUGE publicity, and while they're horrible acts that should sadden everybody, the number of large scale attacks at schools is insanely underwhelming. I don't think new laws are necessary every time an isolated incident occurred.

Many schools already have an SRO, typically a Sheriff Deputy in my area. It should be on a case-by-case basis depending on the school.

The next incident to occur will be a school bus hijacking. Are we then going to put an officer on every school bus? What about standing at every bus stop to make sure kids aren't kidnapped while waiting for the bus?! That's when they're at their most vulnerable.