Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

It Is Now Mathematically Impossible To Pay Off The U.S. Debt.

Old 10-11-2012 | 04:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Accent
Default It Is Now Mathematically Impossible To Pay Off The U.S. Debt.

The truth is that the U.S. government now owes more dollars than actually exist. If the U.S. government went out today and took every single penny from every single American bank, business and taxpayer, they still would not be able to pay off the national debt.
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...-national-debt
Old 10-11-2012 | 07:48 PM

Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Get rid of the Federal(fraudulent) Reserve and stop paying for every dollar printed plus intrest on that dollar, its a scam
Old 10-11-2012 | 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The 'more money than exists' number includes owed-to-ourselves-on-paper dollars, so this story is like saying "you owe your mom a fiver and you have no allowance so you are BANKRUPT zOMG!!!1!"

The debt we owe to bondholders would be paid in full in 30 years if Congress stopped spending more tax dollars than we pay in, and just paid the bonds as agreed.

/thread.
Old 10-12-2012 | 07:00 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

If we stopped bailing out other countries also, that would help us pay of the debt much quicker as well. We need to spend more time focusing on our own issues right here at home before we go giving billions in foreign aide.
Old 10-12-2012 | 08:38 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Aid is a supremely complex thing though, no country really cares about another enough to send aid.

-germany is bailing out greece to save everything from crashing down, not because it thinks grecians are cool blokes

-australia is bailing out indonesia because we can't be arsed evacuating darwin when they try to invade

diplomats etc
Old 10-12-2012 | 09:47 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra GLS Sportswagon

We are all greedy wanting all the mods and cons for the lowest price not giving two shits where it comes from like third world sweatshops, factories and farmlands contaminated with human excrement ,toxic chemicals and poor human rights/labor conditions etc. Its about time we got rid off free trade , increase our tariffs etc and support our local industry and farmlands etc.

You guys are no different to us having the same issues of other countries being able to dump their produce on our shores cheaper than we can grow/make it for decimating our farms and factories etc becoming more reliant on imports.
Old 10-12-2012 | 11:09 AM

Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

^^This guy^^
Old 10-12-2012 | 12:08 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

If we stopped bailing out other countries also, that would help us pay of the debt much quicker as well. We need to spend more time focusing on our own issues right here at home before we go giving billions in foreign aide.

I agree fully. Unfortunately, this will N E V E R happen.

We'll never get out of this debt crisis either. The democrats forget that next year, the year after, or in 5 years, there might be a huge catastrophe like a huge earthquake, coupe of snowpocalypses, a few hurricane Katrinas, or another war conflict...etc. I don't logically see how this President can guarantee promises. It's only after people die that Biden says, "...Well we didn't know!"
Old 10-12-2012 | 03:39 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

here's my thought-... and it won't be popular!!!!

but if it were me, i'd tax every church $100 a year for the next 100 years for starters.

i don't think any-one-individual would miss $100 over a year especially not a congregation of peoples-... there are many super churches in my area. i understand they do a great bit of good for the communtiy and it's followers why not extend a $100 a year to do good for our country? there are also churches in my area where i could see the $100 would put a dent in their budget-... but i'm sure they'll get over it-... granted our govt fixes it's own problems first and doesn't waste it on citizens who say they can't help themselves or other countries who aren't asking for our help.

ehhh-... i can't believe i'm discussing my views on politics-... don't get me wrong i don't claim to know sh*t about politics but-... forget it :end rant/]
Old 10-12-2012 | 10:12 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^Funny I was listening to the radio today and they critcised Joe Biden for saying that his religion "teaches him foremost to help others" and the host replied, "yeah but not with other people's money". LOL.