Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Nos

Old 05-17-2005 | 11:13 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (homey14h @ May 17 2005, 11:03 AM)
no newbie

You have 40 posts.

You called Nitrous, NOS.

You haven't filled out your location.

You signed up for the site 12 days ago.

You use the letter "u" instead of typing the word YOU.

You have no sig, no avatar, and 4 warnings.

You are arguing over my post which showed you simple, indisputable, FACTS.

If that doesn't make you a noob, then tell me what does.

B)

and not a ricer,

No one said you were, but, according to yourself...

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=7819&hl=

You are dumb. It's nothing to be ashamed of, and dumbness and ricerness often go hand and hand.

you obviously got the question right?

Yes, I did, but I figured I'd reply and CORRECT you before someone else does.

You'll notice that you barely will get any replys if you ask a ricer question. I'm sorry, no matter who you are, if you say "I'm gunna put nos in my car", you sound like you just finished watching the first 20 minutes of Fast & The Furious.

when people ask for "rims" for their car do you jump on them for that? when they are actually "wheels"

Rims is not a BRAND name. Do you tell your girl that she wants a "wheel job" and not a "rim job"?

relax wink1.gif

I am, completely. No one attacked you or anything. Keep posting like that if you want. The replies you recieve will be in kind.
Old 05-17-2005 | 11:26 AM

You have 40 posts.----ok?

You called Nitrous, NOS.

You haven't filled out your location.----and that bothers u lol?

You signed up for the site 12 days ago.----thanks wink1.gif

You use the letter "u" instead of typing the word YOU.----u type "lol" right?

You have no sig, no avatar, and 4 warnings.----whats that got 2 do w/ ne thing

Rims is not a BRAND name. ---- still RIMS rnt 4 cars, so if someone says they want a set of rims mayb u should tell them to contact schwin.
Old 05-17-2005 | 11:29 AM

you can have nitrous but you have to disconnect it so that it's not hooked up. i have nitrous and i was pulled over by an officer and he saw the nitrous bottle and looked to see if it was connected and i did not have it connected so it was fine. all you have to do is unscrew the hose from the bottle and it's legal to have i believe in any state.
Old 05-17-2005 | 11:39 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

doode you lost get over it your such a newb you dont even see the quote button on the side of your screen i bet you had to copy and paste things huh

quit goin off topic

back on topic

a remote bottle opener is concidered illegal in some places so look that up before you get one

and if they catch you sprayin on the street THEY WILL OWN YOUR ASS ive heard of people going to jail for sprayin oh and when you spray some vehicles emit a extra amount of exhaust so you can tell if your sprayin

and purging nitrous is concidered intimidation in some places so watch out for that
Old 05-17-2005 | 11:46 AM

lost what? wasnt trying to win anything, but ok?

do they write up tickets where u live? ones that could go against insurance, if its hooked up, not if i use it..
Old 05-17-2005 | 11:47 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (homey14h @ May 17 2005, 11:26 AM)
You have 40 posts.----ok?

rolleyes.gif :unsure: Okay, a NOOB or NEWBIE is someone that is either new to the site, new to tuning, new to the internet, what have you. Being a noob on any site with forums is usually recognized by the following.

1. Unfamilliarity with the sites rules.
2. Tendancy to argue with moderators or admins while they teach you the rules (Not a good idea at all).
3. Low amount of posts, usually anyone with less than 100 is guaranteed to be referred to as a noob.
4. Takes offence to being called a noob.
5. Unfamilliar with common mistakes made by other noobs, usually pisses everyone off because each NEW member is a noob for some time. At 3 to 4 new members a day, it gets tiresome, quickly.
6. Lack of extensive or often even basic knowledge of the given topic area.
7. Signed up at site less than 2 months ago.

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=newbie
Main Entry: new·bie
Pronunciation: 'nü-bE, 'nyü-
Function: noun
Etymology: irregular from new
: BEGINNER, NOVICE; especially : a newcomer to cyberspace

You haven't filled out your location.----and that bothers u lol?

Yes. It's a rule to fill it out.

You use the letter "u" instead of typing the word YOU.----u type "lol" right?

Yes. LOL is widely accepted on this site. u is defined as Leet Speak. See below.

You have no sig, no avatar, and 4 warnings.----whats that got 2 do w/ ne thing

Non noobs, about 95% of the time, have a avatar and sig. You've had 4 warnings in 12 days. That screams noob, not to mention someone that has a problem with authority.

So you know also, you are getting your 5th warning. We don't tollerate the "Leet Speak" shit here. It's in our warning list. ne thing, sum 1, rnt, mayb, crap like that. It's simple. If you want INTELLIGENT answers to your posts or threads, post with intelligent grammar and mechanics. These long posts, like the one you are reading now, just turn folks off from reading or responding to the question at hand.

Rims is not a BRAND name. ---- still RIMS rnt 4 cars, so if someone says they want a set of rims mayb u should tell them to contact schwin.

Heh, wrong.

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book...tionary&va=rims
Main Entry: 1rim
Pronunciation: 'rim
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English rima; akin to Old Norse rimi strip of land
1 a : BRINK b : the outer often curved or circular edge or border of something
2 a : the outer part of a wheel joined to the hub usually by spokes b : a removable outer metal band on an automobile wheel to which the tire is attached
3 : FRAME 4c(1)

BTW, the fact that you are trying to "Hide" your nitrous ideas from your dad screams that you are a child. Nitrous isn't something you PLAY with. It's very dangerous. You need to do some research on the subject.

Lastly, you do know you can probably just do a search in some of the Ohio websites, or Google, to get the answer you wanted.
Old 05-17-2005 | 11:49 AM

yes if its hooked up you will get a ticket

if its not you wont

if anything connected to it is on you will get a ticket
i have heard of bottle warmers being on and people gettin a ticket (its getting ready to race so they will ticket you for that)

best bet would be to not connect it unless your goin to use it

if you use it on the streets and get caught its your own fault

besides even if its not illegal if a cop pulls you over and sees your line connected they will find a reason to serve you a ticket... ninja.gif
Old 05-17-2005 | 11:54 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

or just have 2 bottles - one unhooked and another is hide somewhere and hooked up.
Old 05-17-2005 | 11:59 AM

well considering ive typed "u" since i joined i should have more warnings but it must not be that big of a deal to people, we can write "lol" here which is short for laugh out loud but i cant type "u" which is short for YOU? lol honestly i dont know why "leet speak" is such a big deal, is this grammar school?

and the reason i dont ask isnt because im a kid its because im going to do it reguardless and dont want him hasseling me laugh.gif

no problem with authority just problem with people getting angry or upset about insignificant things, im just defending myself lol and if that means i have to get warned then so be it

if not having an avatar or sig makes me a "noob" then ah well lol

and my 4 warnings were because i double posted, in which case i retyped and reposted something because my topic was moved so i didnt think it posted and because of that i got warned lol

**** parking tickets dont go agaisnt insurance so thats why i was wondering if something like that would**** but thanks for the help in clearing up NOS and nitrous lol and next time i post ill speak english not LEET wink1.gif got wayyyyy out of hand here(red is wayyyyy "leet") no more posts lol i got my answer so red you can delete this if you want
Old 05-17-2005 | 12:03 PM

doode give it up

really now you say you dont have a problem with authority?

READ WHAT YOU ASKED IN THIS POST

really now

accept what was told and continue quit arguin on the internet is like running in the special olympics....

i have been part of the hyundai scene for going on 4 and a half years

i used to surf FX and HA before things went weird

i never signed up but i still would come to learn

and yet in all this time i have gotten 1 warning from HP.com for callin kirk a double postin tough guy

never got a warning here

you got 4 in a couple months