Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Non-standard relationships

Old 04-03-2008 | 03:38 PM

Vehicle: Elantra XD GT

Well, I've been with my current GF for over 5 years, and there has been no ''opening'' from either of us. And we are more in love than ever. I would be disgusted to sleep with another woman while i'm still with her, that's like a punch in the face.

I just think that there is a loss of the actual meaning of ''making love'' when you do those sorts of things. It becomes ''fucking'' (pardon the term).

As for the child thing, dunno, never been in the situation sad.gif
Old 04-03-2008 | 03:49 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Yeah, it's not the kinds of things that would work for everyone. In fact to a whole bunch of people some or all of these scenarios would be downright repulsive from all angles. But as with many other things people's outlooks vary. I don't know if I could deal with a situation like any of these personally. Some of them sound attractive, but the way something sounds vs. the way things actually go in real life are often not that similar.
Old 04-03-2008 | 08:04 PM

Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

Yeah.. I think that as long as all partners are open about their feelings then things go great. But you have to be 100% open. I don't know that I could handle being in a realationship like that. I would think it would be fun to play and send her on her way, but as far as actually being in one it would be to hard. and take way to much time and energy. I just dont have that. I am hella happy with the marriage, but to try and go through the whole courtship is just not worth it, and wih our luck we would have one of those stuck up hoes who thinks the world revolves around her and that no one else matters. its that bullshit that wouldn't be worth it.
Old 04-03-2008 | 08:46 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

With STD's and such always on the rise the swinger's thing would deffinitely be out for me. My wife and I have a great relationship and I would never want to damage that.
Old 04-03-2008 | 10:24 PM
Administrator

QUOTE(TheDonsWife @ Apr 3 2008, 07:04 PM)
Yeah.. I think that as long as all partners are open about their feelings then things go great. But you have to be 100% open. I don't know that I could handle being in a realationship like that. I would think it would be fun to play and send her on her way, but as far as actually being in one it would be to hard. and take way to much time and energy. I just dont have that. I am hella happy with the marriage, but to try and go through the whole courtship is just not worth it, and wih our luck we would have one of those stuck up hoes who thinks the world revolves around her and that no one else matters. its that bullshit that wouldn't be worth it.

IF it was applying to us we would have to pick someone very carefully. I think with our laid back and adventurous personalities we could do a lot of things most couples couldn't but it would be unlikely to work if things got too serious too fast and it would be really hard to find someone that it would work with at all. I think casual would be our friend if you know what I mean.
Old 04-05-2008 | 10:37 AM

Are you talking about adding another player in the team? Hope it's a woman wink.gif
Old 04-05-2008 | 12:46 PM
Administrator

Haha, we had talked about it before, and yeah it would be a woman, but hell I don't know anymore what is up.
Old 04-05-2008 | 01:04 PM

I think well find out soon enough, ha.
Old 04-06-2008 | 03:45 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I dunno. Looks like I'm shopping for a new woman most likely.
Old 04-21-2008 | 02:02 PM
Administrator

Keeping my current woman after all and kind of shopping for a new one. Dunno how that's going to go yet.