Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

No More Tib :-(

Old 03-05-2006, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey look, it's another "I got rid of my Tib" thread! None of you know me or anything around here, but I just thought I would say that I sold my Tib yesterday. There were just too many creaks, groans, cracks, pops, rattles, rough rides, alignment problems, etc, and I finally got tired of it and traded her in. I've now got an '04 Nissan Frontier that I picked up with less than 14k miles on it, and I have to say, the ride is so much nicer, especially when I'm not worrying whether or not my car is gonna blow up the next time I drive it. I have to say though, the Tib was probably one of the funnest cars I've ever driven. Unfortunately for it, it just couldn't take the abuse that comes when I drive a car, and I quickly drove it into the ground. I will miss my Tib, and maybe one day I'll pick up another one and work it up, but that day is long in coming. And on that note, does anyone know of a good forum for Nissan Frontiers?
Old 03-05-2006, 10:11 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

hahahahaha owned.gif you wanted to get rid of the creeks and rattles so you bought a nissan truck?

thats like trading a broken header for a broken header....
Old 03-05-2006, 11:30 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That sucks you sold our tib..

I agree with faith..those trucks have just as much creaks and rattles. If you want a good nissan forum go to nissanforums.com
Old 03-05-2006, 11:34 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

A well maintained car will not give you the problems you just mentioned. You can't blame the car if you neglect maintenance. Do some maintenance/tune than you wouldnt have to worry about it "blowing up".

Good luck with the truck. If you don't maintaine that viechle either your going to have to play the trading game often.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:36 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

btw

i cant remember now but is that truck a d22 or a d40?

wait not everyone understands nissan speak...

is it the old body style or the new? i cant remember right now

if its the new

be prepared to always replace belt tensioners

those things for some reason dont hold and you will have a constant squeeky belt we have replaced TONS of them within the last year

i bet nissan comes out with a tsb soon so if it squeeks have them check that out