Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

No More Camaro And Firebird...

Old 09-25-2001 | 03:24 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default No More Camaro And Firebird...

CNN just reported that both the Chevy Camaro and Pontiac Firebird is being discontinued after 2002. The company's that produce these vehicles are finding a higher demand for sport SUV's and Full Size Trucks. So does that mean more Azteks on the road? eek.gif sad.gif And more gigantic monster SUV's?

rolleyes.gif And then everyone b^tches about gas prices. Well, buy a vehicle that gets more than 5 miles per gallon.
Old 09-25-2001 | 03:41 PM

Aztek..*shudders*.

My buddy and I were talking about this the other day: Why the hell doesn't Chevy and Ford jump on the bandwagon and make some badass sport compacts?!! Check out the latest "Sport Compact Car" magazine..theres a new Nissan Sentra Type R or something. It's a 4door with 180hp and a 6speed. Nissan knows what's up..what about domestic car makers? Never willing to take a risk pisses me off.
Old 09-25-2001 | 04:11 PM

Well, it is too bad about the F-Bodies.. I have owned a Firebird (97 Convertable) and a Camaro (95 Z28) Lemmie tell you about some domestic fun!! Well, from what we F-Body people understand, the Firebird/Camaro are going away for up to 3 years. Then they are coming back. On which platform, or what chassis, there are a few theories.. One of these say the Camaro will not come back, and they will make a "lower" edition of the Corvette. Pontiac will make a hairy beast (Like Cadillac) that is suppose to run close to the vette. ANOTHER theory is both of them are coming back on a platform from one of the Holden models (You lucky Australian Bastards) And odds are, they will be all wheel drive, with a turbo or Supercharged v6, with the option of a small V8. (Maybe around the size of the 3.5 Oldsmobile) BAS ASS MOTOR! ANOTHER theory is they will bring them both back as a smaller car (like they were to begin with in 67) And start a new "American Muscle Car Era" AND ONE MORE THEORY says they will both come back and challenge the import market. I just hope the GM brass doesn't BASTARDIZE them like they did the Monza, Impala, Cutlass, 442, Monza AGAIN, the list goes on and on.. I know John Delorean will **** if they bring back the Firebird to run with the vette. That is what he wanted to begin with.. And he wanted it to be called the Banshee.. Pretty bad ass, huh? Well, there it is, your daily domestic update.. wink.gif
Old 09-25-2001 | 04:15 PM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

I heard they were bring them back as front wheel drives. And also I heard about the lower vette with a v6. Makes me want to punk if they make a v6 vette. eek.gif
Old 09-26-2001 | 01:15 AM

As for the Corvette, remember the car started off with an inline 6 engine. I wouldn't think it too bad if they went back to an I6. Maybe if they go with something like the V6 turbo like Buick put in the GNs...
Old 09-26-2001 | 01:56 AM

No can do about the GNs. Those where taked out of production for the same reasons as the Hyabusa was. Although, my brother's friend works at GM and there is some buzz about a re-release of the GN. It would probably be an 8, but no 700hp and a turbo that generates boost at idle... sad.gif
Old 09-26-2001 | 02:19 AM

You also have to recall the performance of the era when the Vette first came out was non-existant. IF a car had more than 200 horsepower, it was a hairy S O B.. As for the GN, I have heard rumors about that also.. But I have heard the supercharged 3.8, like the one they put in the GTP's.. Oh, and The General has a new v8 planned... She is suppose to have 2 cams.. IN THE BELLY.. Still going to be a pushrod v8, but it will have a cam for each head.. Pretty nice, huh?? smile.gif smile.gif
Old 09-26-2001 | 12:01 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

Originally posted by skilspeed:
Aztek..*shudders*.

My buddy and I were talking about this the other day: Why the hell doesn't Chevy and Ford jump on the bandwagon and make some badass sport compacts?!! Check out the latest "Sport Compact Car" magazine..theres a new Nissan Sentra Type R or something. It's a 4door with 180hp and a 6speed. Nissan knows what's up..what about domestic car makers? Never willing to take a risk pisses me off.

What do you think the Focus SVT and the Cavalier Z24 are?

Hell, what do you think V6 Camaros and Mustangs are?

I can't believe no one was mad when Honda annouced the end of the Prelude sad.gif And they turned the Type-R in to some fugly RSX.

American muscle is dumb, overrated, and overpriced. tongue.gif
Old 09-26-2001 | 12:05 PM

Originally posted by HyundaiJVX:
What do you think the Focus SVT and the Cavalier Z24 are?

Hell, what do you think V6 Camaros and Mustangs are?

I can't believe no one was mad when Honda annouced the end of the Prelude sad.gif And they turned the Type-R in to some fugly RSX.

American muscle is dumb, overrated, and overpriced. tongue.gif

Crap.. That is what I think they are.. wink.gif American Muscle is overrated? Ok.. 1970 Buick GS stage 1.. 515 lbsft or torque.. his would be more than the Viper, Vette, and most likely, more than even the FORIEGN spec Hondas, Nissans, and others..That would be about 3 times even the riciest of the rice.. Come on, show props where props are due..

[ September 26, 2001: Message edited by: 2K1CobaltTibby ]
Old 09-26-2001 | 02:05 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

OK OK, I mean the current state of American Muscle. Sure the 'Vette Z06 is fast and all but, I don't know, it's just not making me happy. Although I like those 35th Anaversery SS Camaros... rolleyes.gif