Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

New X-box

Old 05-13-2005 | 02:04 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

oops.... disregard this, my internet went down in the middle of this and apparently it sent this at random
Old 05-13-2005 | 02:18 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Wow I didn't know I would create such a controversy here. laugh.gif Personally, I am a HUGE fan of the Final Fantasy Franchise. There have been 11 because it is such an excellent game format. Don't forget the off-shoots like FF Tactics. I will own a PS3 just for that franchise and other RPGs. RPGs and racing games are about the only ones I bother getting into. That and GTA.
Old 05-13-2005 | 02:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The Xbox 360 sure looks cool. Anyone notice that there are no controller ports on the box? MMmmmm...wireless control.....

Just to weigh in on which is better...I don't have to because I'm getting both!
Old 05-13-2005 | 02:54 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ May 13 2005, 03:10 PM)
Didn't you just say you have a PS2 allready?

ps3*

That's good for you man, I spent 24 hours with each system and the best games they had when the Xbox came out, I ditched the PS2 like a prom date. All the games are almost identical. The controlers suck. You have to buy the adapter to play on broadband and even then the online play sucks ass.

my ps2 had the broadband built in.

Think about what you just said. For one, Halo 1 is over played. That is for sure. Halo 2 just came out, it can't be overplayed yet. LOL But doode, you say THOSE are overplayed and you picked 2 games, one on it's 10TH SEQUAL, and the other on it's 4th, and those AREN'T OVERPLAYED??? LOL Final Fantasy hasn't been good since like the first 3.

FF to my knowedge has a different story line everytime. and it is a good game no matter its X XI OR XII. and i hate halo 2 even more than one, the plot just sucked, there was nothing to figure out and things just got repeatitive
The Xbox 1 is allready there.

then u my friend have a PIECE OF SHIT for a computer, the xbox has a 700 mhz cpu, i cant remember the memory but it isnt a lot. i think around 128, maybe more. the video card isnt special or anything. however these stats are better than the ps2, but THEY ARE HORRIBLE in pc terms.

Well DUH. Any MFR does that with new items coming out. The thing you aren't thinking about is how the Xbox 360 is coming out first, with original games, and when the PS3 comes out you'll be able to make your 360 even better if you want to. Sorry, but the Media Center deal is another prime reason to go with the 360.

time out thing about what u just said. according to u the pc world makes it so u have to buy parts special for every company.....WRONG all pc parts are compatible with each other, just some companies are gay and change shit so u cant use it. HP did this for a long time.....

Uhm, are you insane JVX? Counterstrike??? That's the most boring game I've ever played. I played it on the PC and the Xbox. The graphics suck ass, the weapon sounds are unrealistic, you have to BUY YOUR WEAPONS AND SUCH before EACH ROUND. You do have a point, get both and get the best of both worlds.

CS is a tatics game, if u get ANY good at it. u will become EXTREMELY good in the aim department. also its team built which is a lot better. so what if the weapons are bought every rounds, theres a rebuy and if u get good, u buy weapons in a matter a 2 secs and go killing. the graphics, clearly u havent played recently, or with any post game addons. and weapons and weapons shells are extremely accurate to my understanding, at least now they are.

I'll just get the BEST period. ninja.gif wink1.gif
If you thought NFSU2 was cool, there are way better games than that. I was a Sega loyalist, and am NOT a fan of MS in any way whatsoever, but they definately did it right with Xbox and Xbox Live.

xbox live is nothing special, there are the same services out there for ps2 and xbox with mods(FOR FREE) i like the xbox, dont get my wrong however i like the ps2 better and as such the ps3 will be my buy
Old 05-13-2005 | 02:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I have to say I own both XBOX and ps2 and played all the good games on each and I still have to say that ps2 is better. Granted the graphics on the xbox are better and such but how long has it taken them to finally make a game that accutally uses all the capabilities of the system? The first HALO was fun but I liked it on the computer much more then I liked it on the XBOX because of game play wise. Plus with sony you don't have to pay to play online, xbox you have to pay like $50 a year or something,. I would rather buy a network adapter for like $30 and be able to play for the length of the system.

I can't wait for the PS3 to come out, any console that can be compared to a high end system is worth $500 in my book. A high end system would cost you atleast $1500-2000
Old 05-13-2005 | 04:50 PM

PS2 is better because I own one tongue.gif
Old 05-13-2005 | 07:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Xbox Live is nothing special?

Unkay, whatever. I'm done with this thread. I see the difference between those 2 systems like Newtiburon.com and RDtiburon.com . Xbox being RD of course. It's a community, you can play with your friends, and just have fun.
Old 05-14-2005 | 03:54 AM

Vehicle: Honda

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ May 14 2005, 01:39 AM)
Xbox Live is nothing special?

Unkay, whatever. I'm done with this thread. I see the difference between those 2 systems like Newtiburon.com and RDtiburon.com . Xbox being RD of course. It's a community, you can play with your friends, and just have fun.

I do agree that Live is well done. That's the main reason I got the system. PlayStation 2 never had a good system for their online gaming. Microsoft really did a good job. Like I said before, I'll pick up both systems, because I'll get some for the 360 and will still buy my favorite PlayStation games, like the Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, and Tekken series'.

Redzman, Counter Strike is the only first person shooter I've found "worth playing." Everything else doesn't have the feel Counter Strike does. It's not the best graphics game, but it doesn't have to be.

The best controller ever is the Dreamcast controller. It was perfect. Hell, it was a perfect system. Damn the game companies like Square who didn't sign on to make games on the Dreamcast. The next best controller is probably the Gamecube one. It's not great on all games, but games made for the Gamecube only usually have a good control feel to them, since the pad is different. After that they are all the same to me. I like the Xbox pad for a lot of games, and I can only play Tony Hawk's games on the PS2 controller.
Old 05-15-2005 | 07:10 PM

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ May 13 2005, 07:10 PM)
That's the most boring game I've ever played. I played it on the PC and the Xbox. The graphics suck ass, the weapon sounds are unrealistic, you have to BUY YOUR WEAPONS AND SUCH before EACH ROUND.

dude cs:source is the best looking game that i have ever played. i will admit that cs 1.6 graphics totally sucked arse, but the new engine rocks. you have to have skill to enjoy cs i guess. they weapon buying definitly adds another level of skill to the game and prevents it from becoming another deathmatch type game. i love you cs:s

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ May 14 2005, 01:39 AM)

i guess i had better switch to newtiburon.com then. ninja.gif
Old 05-15-2005 | 08:03 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

xbox is going to hit strong because of the gaming selection and the freedom. but those controllers are going to have batteries and the connection is going to be a service. it's been done before.