Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

New X-box

Old 05-13-2005 | 10:08 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (raehtz10 @ May 13 2005, 09:38 AM)
If nothing else, PS3 better still have the best controller ever designed, or I might just jump ship.

You are nuts man, the PS controllers is what turned me off from the system from the START. Ugly, too many shoulder buttons, everything. They suck BAD.

QUOTE (purpletib @ May 13 2005, 09:42 AM)
No release date for either system yet. Be sure to watch Mondy to get a sneak peak at the PS3.

Yup, and with that, the jousting starts. System specs will change MANY times on both before they come out.

QUOTE (Jaws021 @ May 13 2005, 09:44 AM)
if you were here i would b**** slap you...

Word.

Best game ever.
Old 05-13-2005 | 11:24 AM

^^^
what chu talkin about redz? everyone knows that all you play is echo the dolphin lol.gif
Old 05-13-2005 | 11:34 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (Jaws021 @ May 13 2005, 03:44 PM)
if you were here i would b**** slap you...

Damn straight. Halo owns all...
Old 05-13-2005 | 11:41 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

all i can say is ill get the ps2, i have both the xbox(modded to massive upgrades, as redz was talking about upgrades) and a ps2. i pick the ps2. i used to be a hardcore xbox guy but once i got a ps2 i def jumped ship. and halo....i think is over played. i would much rather play FFIX or GT4, over that game. and yes the ps3 is supposed to be as powerful as high end computers, which makes me very happy. and the upgrades, i dont care about cuz if they do that, then that means they will probably pull a HP, and make it so u have to buy special parts to upgrade, not the spare computer ones i have here at my house, more money, to spend on a system that would still not be as good as the ps3(in my opinion)
Old 05-13-2005 | 11:57 AM

Vehicle: Honda

QUOTE (00Tibby @ May 13 2005, 05:41 PM)
all i can say is ill get the ps2, i have both the xbox(modded to massive upgrades, as redz was talking about upgrades) and a ps2. i pick the ps2. i used to be a hardcore xbox guy but once i got a ps2 i def jumped ship. and halo....i think is over played. i would much rather play FFIX or GT4, over that game. and yes the ps3 is supposed to be as powerful as high end computers, which makes me very happy. and the upgrades, i dont care about cuz if they do that, then that means they will probably pull a HP, and make it so u have to buy special parts to upgrade, not the spare computer ones i have here at my house, more money, to spend on a system that would still not be as good as the ps3(in my opinion)

It's good to see someone else here who likes PlayStation.

Halo does suck. It's no where near the quality of Counter Strike..

I'll buy both new systems and enjoy more games.
Old 05-13-2005 | 12:36 PM

I like Playstation too man. I got my PS2 for $80 at a pawnshop with internet connnection and multiple player port with 2 controllers..hell of a deal. I will probably end up buying an Xbox sometime in future just to play Halo
Old 05-13-2005 | 12:52 PM

ps1,ps2,ps3 owns all..period...but the only xbox game ive played is nfsu2 and i gotta dmit its pretty sweet but im loyal to ps.
Old 05-13-2005 | 01:09 PM

I do think that the x-box was right in putting in an hd. I love having to delete my files to save a boxer on fight night round 2. It would have made much more sense to use an hd instead of selling it later.
Old 05-13-2005 | 01:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (00Tibby @ May 13 2005, 11:41 AM)
all i can say is ill get the ps2,

Didn't you just say you have a PS2 allready?

i used to be a hardcore xbox guy but once i got a ps2 i def jumped ship.

That's good for you man, I spent 24 hours with each system and the best games they had when the Xbox came out, I ditched the PS2 like a prom date. All the games are almost identical. The controlers suck. You have to buy the adapter to play on broadband and even then the online play sucks ass.

and halo....i think is over played. i would much rather play FFIX or GT4,

Think about what you just said. For one, Halo 1 is over played. That is for sure. Halo 2 just came out, it can't be overplayed yet. LOL But doode, you say THOSE are overplayed and you picked 2 games, one on it's 10TH SEQUAL, and the other on it's 4th, and those AREN'T OVERPLAYED??? LOL Final Fantasy hasn't been good since like the first 3.

and yes the ps3 is supposed to be as powerful as high end computers, which makes me very happy.

The Xbox 1 is allready there.

and the upgrades, i dont care about cuz if they do that, then that means they will probably pull a HP, and make it so u have to buy special parts to upgrade, not the spare computer ones i have here at my house, more money, to spend on a system that would still not be as good as the ps3(in my opinion)

Well DUH. Any MFR does that with new items coming out. The thing you aren't thinking about is how the Xbox 360 is coming out first, with original games, and when the PS3 comes out you'll be able to make your 360 even better if you want to. Sorry, but the Media Center deal is another prime reason to go with the 360.

QUOTE (hyundaijvx @ May 13 2005, 11:57 AM)
Halo does suck. It's no where near the quality of Counter Strike..

Uhm, are you insane JVX? Counterstrike??? That's the most boring game I've ever played. I played it on the PC and the Xbox. The graphics suck ass, the weapon sounds are unrealistic, you have to BUY YOUR WEAPONS AND SUCH before EACH ROUND. You do have a point, get both and get the best of both worlds.

I'll just get the BEST period. ninja.gif wink1.gif

QUOTE (98tibby8289 @ May 13 2005, 12:52 PM)
ps1,ps2,ps3 owns all..period...but the only xbox game ive played is nfsu2 and i gotta dmit its pretty sweet but im loyal to ps.

If you thought NFSU2 was cool, there are way better games than that. I was a Sega loyalist, and am NOT a fan of MS in any way whatsoever, but they definately did it right with Xbox and Xbox Live.
Old 05-13-2005 | 01:16 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i also saw that xbox 360 special. just happened to turn the t.v. on at that time. my thoughts? the concept is stupid. why would you want another computer look alike? i know microsoft made it but they copied PS2 with the stand up. the standing position "wave" is the stupidest thing that ever happened since the new honda civics. the system falls down all the time...

anyways, those games will probably be available for the PC too. so you might as well spend that money on a computer with a good card and buy yourself the PC versions. besides, the game patch downloading is probably a service most likely so you will be paying for a service.

the PS2 is just hideous. the corners are edgy and sharp and i've seen at least 5 broken PS2's. with the price to fix them, my friends spent the same money and just bought a new mini PS2 which is a little more attractive. I hope PS3 will be better than any of these systems.

As for the game selection for the 360? I think the debut games are pretty darn amazing. The developers did a good job creating some attractive debut games. It reminds me of when N64 was holy and its successful debut game selection. I don't like the system design. I won't be buying it.