Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

New Car Smell

Old 08-25-2005, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I have a small bag (dunno what's inside, probably something that can take liquid in). So I use aroma oil on that bag and it smells great.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:05 PM

a friend of mine works at a subie dealership, the new car scent is this thing thats like a canned incent, they start it, roll up the windows, turn on the recirculating air full blast and let it run for 15 minutes. its crazy, he does it to his car twice a year. a 91 240sx that smell brand new. wink1.gif
Old 08-25-2005, 01:56 PM

QUOTE (fonseca @ Aug 23 2005, 08:56 PM)
In other words, the refreshing aroma of carcinogens slowly killing you. fing02.gif

I keep a quarter pound of ground coffee under a seat, replacing it every few months. Smells awesome. If you like coffee.

No you dont?!?!? lmao.gif

But you can get this crap at AutoZone I think its next to the RICE isle but its like Auto Expressions or something, but its a little spray bottle and its kind blueish looking, I find that it works really well. But hey thats just what I think.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:16 PM

QUOTE (zhiryst @ Aug 25 2005, 01:05 PM)
a friend of mine works at a subie dealership, the new car scent is this thing thats like a canned incent, they start it, roll up the windows, turn on the recirculating air full blast and let it run for 15 minutes. its crazy, he does it to his car twice a year. a 91 240sx that smell brand new. wink1.gif

^ hey, now there's a unique idea.

I usually just buy me a lil airfreshner for 3 bucks or so. Does the job just fine for me. I think you can even find a "New Car" sent too.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:48 PM

The best way to get the new car smell is to buy a new car, you can never quite get the smell afterwords....thats kinda sad though.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:15 AM

Alright, here's an idea. Do you have any of those self car washes around you? The ones where you pull your car into the bay and pay money to wash it yourself. They also have the vacuums there. Well, one near me has a machine where you pay 50 cents and spray your interior down with a smell. It has pina colada, strawberry, and new car. New car really does smell like the new car. Maybe the liquid air spray from an actual car wash might help you out if the store-bought stuff doesn't.