Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Need Some Help Deciding What To Do

Old 09-10-2009 | 03:03 PM

Not sure if it goes here BUT

I get a bit of money next week and I can't decide how exactly I'm going to spend it.... a lipkit, paint job, and a new set of rims, or begin to get a turbo kit.... which would you guys suggest? I also want to take my abnoxious wing off and go with the "cdm" or "kdm" spoiler, those look pretty nice.... I'm looking at a new hood too. That would fall under the "new lipkit and paint job" though. Id like to know wwhich one you guys would do b.c. I don't know myseld
Old 09-10-2009 | 03:27 PM
Banned

regardless of what you decide on, just do it right, and buy high quality stuff, not knockoff junk..

what 'lip kit' are you even looking at? if its the WW, make sure to get wings west, not some FG crap knockoff.

rims are pretty good no matter the brand. i saw the rims i have (konig bump) in 4 lug the other day. would look good on a tib imo.

if you do a turbo kit, do it right so you wont end up wanting to sell your car or the kit cuz it ends up being junk or having a ton of issues.

Old 09-10-2009 | 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If you have any credit card debt, pay off some of that. Otherwise, ^ what he said.
Old 09-10-2009 | 07:18 PM

i have no credit cards, so i'm in the clear there smile.gif

i am leaning towards a turbo... i was going to buy the lip kit of blaktibs here on this site, but he sold the front lip... so i don't think i want to get the sides and the back and not the front.
Old 09-10-2009 | 10:21 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

How much money do you have to work with?
Can you link us to some pics of your car, so we can get an idea of what your car needs first?
What do you have on it already?
Old 09-10-2009 | 10:53 PM

i don't have anything other than my motegi r7's and some really nice bf goodrich tires. i was looking into going to the junk yard and getting a set of green top injectors tomorrow... i was also looking at getting the t3/t4 hybrid ebay turbo ( i was told that it would be okay) and using the ebay piping, with the included intercooler for a little while until i got more money for a nice one, hks bov.... i have a friend that will give me his boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, and oil pressure gauge, i'm looking at getting a wideband 02 also. there's a tuning shop here in town that i was told was really good, i'm going to take it there after i put in the turbo so they can tune it a bit... or do you think it'd be better to go for a fuel management system and try tuning it myself? oh, i was going to get the obx turbo manifold too... i understand by reading here you have to fight with the obx manifold a bit to make it fit right though?
Old 09-11-2009 | 05:22 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Please use "add reply" button to add a new post. You do not need to quote the post above yours.
Old 09-11-2009 | 08:33 AM
Banned

bad plan as far as the turbo kit goes..

for injectors, junkyard/used is not the best bet, since you don't know the condition without getting them flow tested, but it sounds like you will be cheaping out on everything else, so why not the injectors, lol.

i do have a set of brand new Accel 44lb (460cc) that i could sell for 240$ shipped. 35$ less than on my site. could save ya some headaches in the future.

like i said earlier, do it right the first time, don't buy cheap shit first and then upgrade later, you will cause so many headaches with your car not running, leaking, etc. you will end up throwing in the towel.

you say you will get a ebay intercooler until you can afford a 'nice one' have you done any research on said 'nice intercoolers' or what the difference would even be from an 'ebay' intercooler.

why spend the money on an HKS BOV?

a friend is going to give you a fuel pressure gauge? hows that going to help you without a fuel pressure regulator?

are you going to buy a new wideband or used? i wouldn't buy a used wideband, ever.

what are you planning on using for tuning, cause a shop can't just tune it without some sort of management.

don't go with the obx manifold at any cost..

Old 09-11-2009 | 08:52 AM

hm, well i only have 900 bucks right now. perhaps i should wait until i have more money. i thought i'd be able to get most of it now and the rest in october when i get another 2g's but i guess not. the hks bov would be a friends, he'd sell it to me cheap

oh about hte intercooler, the one that comes with the ebay turbo is really skinny and long, i'd use it until i can get one that is fatter than that one
Old 09-11-2009 | 09:18 AM
Banned

why would you need a 'fatter' one, lol.

i would wait til you have more money, and buy almost everything new. the only things i would use that are used is the oil pressure and possibly the boost gauge.

ebay piping can be good, or it can be junk, so pay attention to what you buy. when i first started the turbo stuff, i ordered some stuff that was really thin, and would actually smash if the clamps were tightened alot.

my intro kit i sell is what i would consider the BARE MINIMUMS you would want to have your car boosted at low pressure, so at least try and get all those parts first, then you can get things like an FPR kit, tuning, etc.

and if you piece together an entry level kit, with all the parts my kit includes, for a cheaper price, than you did a good job, haha.