Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Need Some Help

Old 12-22-2005 | 01:42 PM

Actually I am a government contractor right now. My husband is active duty doing SATCOMM and will be looking for that type of job when he gets out. He's still got 3 years left in so we are at least 3 years away from moving out of the DC area.
Old 12-22-2005 | 05:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I have a few major concerns: 1- I really want to line up a job before I get out there. I got kids to feed and I would be leaving good money to move. 2. I need to sell my place before I go and right now there are two other places in my developement in much better shape than mine that have been on the market and haven't budged. Get this though, my condo will sell for about $30,000 more than that 5 bedroom house you listed. Real estate is ridiculous around here (part of the reason we want to move). 3. Did you say the S word? Like how much snow do you guys get? That's one of the major reasons I want to move. 02.gif
I hit you up on Yahoo im. I'm such a noob when it comes to that stuff. Anyway, when you get it I'll send you my address. Feel free to send me whatever you can. Please don't go out of your way!!
Old 12-22-2005 | 05:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

First off, I was typing when i got your IM and accidentally closed it, hit me again so I can add you to my list.

Now to answer your questions...

QUOTE (kb5133 @ Dec 22 2005, 05:24 PM)
1- I really want to line up a job before I get out there. I got kids to feed and I would be leaving good money to move.

Well, what do you do? You can PM me if you want. I can hook you up with several of the local LARGE employers and knowing your area would help.

3. Did you say the S word? Like how much snow do you guys get? That's one of the major reasons I want to move. 02.gif

Let me explain. In the CITY, we get snow maybe, and I mean MAYBE, 2 or 3 times a year. Most of that is in the HEIGHTS, up here at 6000 feet where I live. Rio Rancho is at like 4500 feet, I don't think it's snowed there once since I've been back in the US.

Out of the days it snows, we get one where you go... "Hey! It's snowing!" And it all melts before it hits the ground.

You get ONE day where you go "Hey, it's snowing!" And it sticks for about an hour, at tops, 1/2 inch.

Then, like last year, you get one day where it's nice and sunny, and you get 7 inches of snow in about 3 hours. LOL THen it melts off the next day.

If you like to PLAY in the snow but want to have to GO to the snow to do it, this is the place to be. Look at what I said about the temperatures here mang.
Old 12-22-2005 | 06:11 PM

Phoenix has no snow nana.gif Actually we do get snow once in a blue moon, last I remember was over 10 years ago and it all melted when it hit the ground.

If you enjoy the pleasures of a bigger city, I'd look into phoenix or vegas. Phoenix alone (not even counting the surrounding suburbs) has nearly the population of all of NM. If a smaller city appeals to you more, I'd go abq or tucson, both have very similar stats.
Old 12-22-2005 | 06:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Good save man fing02.gif I hit you up again with address included and some background info. Thanks for your help.

Good save man fing02.gif I hit you up again with address included and some background info. Thanks for your help.