Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.
View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA championship?
San Antonio Spurs
14.10%
Detroit Pistons
24.36%
I don't care for basketball but that's because I'm too fat
61.54%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Nba Championship, Who's Gonna Take It?

Old 06-12-2005 | 12:49 PM

You say that like Manu is the Spurs' best player and it means anything - MANY great players have gone without a championship ring (like Reggie Miller who just retired), as it requires a lot of coordination on different levels and a bit of luck to win a championship. Not only that, this was only Amare's 3rd season out of high school.
Old 06-12-2005 | 02:01 PM

Of course winning a chapionship means something. Why don't you ask Reggie, Charles Barkley, Carl Malone or any other great that dosn't have a ring? They all wanted one, that's the goal of any team or individual, to win a championship. Individual honors are good, but the ultimate goal is win a championship, the mark of a great TEAM player.
Old 06-12-2005 | 08:53 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

The only reason David Robinson stayed in it was because he was hoping to win a ring. After 13(?) yrs he finally got 2 in his last 4. He was the only good player on the team for a long while.

Spurs up by 20 right now, woo hoo!!! Not gonna say the 5 lettered "s" word yet. wink1.gif
Old 06-13-2005 | 05:55 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

I won't say I don't like the SPURS lets face it the West Dominates the EAST! But you have just shown your lack of reasoning when you tried to base a player on his his championships(what about bench riders, your telling me Juan Dixon (may have confused with other MD bench player) is a top great player because he has a ring??). Robert Horry is/has had a better career overall than Ginobili and is/should still be more respected that Manu, just on experience alone. Championships are for great TEAMS Not great Team PLAYERS. And who compared Amare to Manu?? (Guard vs C/F)I said AMARE OWNED DUNCAN(who is a great player sure) and IMO is/will prove to be a better player. Bball has lost all fire since Jordan and the idea of a team anyway, nobody in the NBA (other than those retiring now) have dedicated themselves to a team rather than get more money some place else regardless of championship possibility until they get old and think they can get it in one year, that is the new NBA mindset today. It's all about individuals and that won't get you a championship. Also proven with the Lakers. And a great example in the HORRIBLY selfish (though not denying impressive when the rest of your team sucks) players of Allen Iverson, Spreewell, Mr. I'm the greatest guard Stephon Malburry, Paul Pierce (he's just a crybaby) and newcomer Lebron James. Bball has become a babysitting league of spoiled brats that became good at a game beacuse they weren't doing their homework.

Correction Steve Francis has a ring. Sat the bench entire year. And thinks after a few games where he had success he is a great. I am not saying they aren't good but no where near great. . yet.
Old 06-13-2005 | 07:34 AM

I agree with you. It's all about the glory. Just look at last nights game. The reason the Spurs won was because the Pistons weren't passing to the open man. They were all showboating like your typical star these days. They never passed!!! The Spurs were getting the Pistons dizzy with all the passing. They got demolished by the inside out pass to Bowen who sank 3's all night. He was WIDE OPEN!!! This was because the Pistons were expecting Manu and Parker to go for the selfish layup, proceeded to double team, and left a guy or two open on the outside.

Look at the stats. The Spurs get the credit for the best defensive team, but no one ever looks at their passing record. That's something that should be looked at when judging a great offense. The Suns have it, and that's why they have the best scoring team. They weren't selfish.
Old 06-13-2005 | 07:42 AM

The game last night was incredible (or very disappointing if you're a Piston fan)..I can't remember seening back to back spankings in a championship series like that.
Old 06-13-2005 | 08:27 AM

The Pistons got Pist-on! lol.gif
Old 06-13-2005 | 09:37 AM

QUOTE (CyberShark @ Jun 13 2005, 01:42 PM)
The game last night was incredible (or very disappointing if you're a Piston fan)..I can't remember seening back to back spankings in a championship series like that.

Dissapointing indeed.

If, like the Spurs, the Pistons would actually play like it's the playoffs, games like that wouldn't happen.

Hopefully things will change @ home.
Old 06-13-2005 | 10:31 AM

Hopefully the Piston fans will be cordial. :unsure:
Old 06-13-2005 | 10:37 AM

lol considering Artest isn't there to attack them, I'd say its safe to assume they will be.