Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.
View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA championship?
San Antonio Spurs
14.10%
Detroit Pistons
24.36%
I don't care for basketball but that's because I'm too fat
61.54%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Nba Championship, Who's Gonna Take It?

Old 06-09-2005 | 10:15 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

QUOTE (Joshuwa @ Jun 7 2005, 02:28 PM)
The pistons beat them in the regular season, so it's not like they are facing some God-like team.

The Spurs also beat Detroit. They are tied at 1 game a peice in the regular season.

AND, in the game that the Spurs lost, they played WITHOUT Duncan and barely lost.

In both, Manu and Parker were the lead scorers. Mainly Parker with him going through the Detroit defense. So that article DOES have truth to it.

Sorry, but with a complete Spurs team, Detroit doesn't stand a chance.
Old 06-09-2005 | 10:49 AM

Ok - so the Spurs played withouth Duncan and barely lost.

What's that tell us? That Duncan is not the deciding factor people make him out to be.

If Duncan was such a huge factor, don't you think his absence would have more of an effect than "barely losing"? If he was so big, wouldn't they have lost by a lot, or at least no so little?

One player does not win or lose a game. Teams win or lose games.

Take a look at all the stuff you read about the Spurs and the Pistons. When people talk about Spurs, they talk about individual players. When people talk about pistons, they talk about a 'team.' There's a big difference.

I'm not saying it's going to be easy for either team- I think it is a very good matchup. But to say the Pistons 'don't have a chance' is more than just a little bit off.

Everyone thought Miami was going to be beat the Pistons, and how they would be a better match up. The Pistons beat Miami, and proved they were the better team. And how is a better team playing the Spurs *not* a better matchup? Because the Pistons have a better shot at winning than Miami did, and Spurs fans know it (though they'll never admit it).

Either way, neither team will win in less than 6.
Old 06-09-2005 | 11:43 AM

Actually, I think Miami had a better shot against the Spurs than Pistons. Shaq always held off Ginobili and Parker from the easy layups. In the end, it always came down to the perimeter shooters, which are only average.

Everyone compares the Pistons to who they had to play: the east.
The east sucks. The Spurs had better stats across the board, and then did that against a lot better teams. Besides Miami, the Pistons never had any competition over there.
Old 06-10-2005 | 07:06 AM

Eh, it's the next day so I'm double posting.

That game sucked!!! The only reason why the Spurs hung in there was because Duncan held them up with his experience. The rest of the rookies got nervous and fumbled the ball more than in a game of smear the queer. But once the game got intense, they came through and gave Duncan a rest. wink1.gif And of course Horry brought his playoff game. He should have been a starter.

The call: Yea, you know what I'm talking about. It was an extremely bad call. But he didn't get a technical from it. He did that on his own. Big baby.

"Early Jitters" (see video): http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3679162
Old 06-10-2005 | 03:08 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Miami Suns game woulda rocked and been a true test of fast paced action series. The poll shows true that no body really cares. Next star?? Amare Stoudemire. showed Duncan up but the Suns couldn't get any defense to save their lives or roll players to aid the team. But one on one he has the potential to be bigger than Duncan. It is definitly a good match up though, but I won't waste sleep watching it. I have lost all respect for Manu because watch him drive. Drops his shoulder everytime and gets the foul. Ref's need to enforce (or not call) fouls that are taken advantage of. And that is all I'm wasting on basketball. We miss Hockey.
Old 06-10-2005 | 04:30 PM

The Spurs were the only team I feared the Suns would play - any other team they would have beat. Suns vs. Miami would definately have been a more exciting series. Players like Ginobli make me cry for the NBA. And... I voted for Detroit going down to the Spurs. Yawn
Old 06-10-2005 | 06:38 PM

QUOTE (darkchylde @ Jun 10 2005, 09:08 PM)
Miami Suns game woulda rocked and been a true test of fast paced action series. The poll shows true that no body really cares. Next star?? Amare Stoudemire. showed Duncan up but the Suns couldn't get any defense to save their lives or roll players to aid the team. But one on one he has the potential to be bigger than Duncan. It is definitly a good match up though, but I won't waste sleep watching it. I have lost all respect for Manu because watch him drive. Drops his shoulder everytime and gets the foul. Ref's need to enforce (or not call) fouls that are taken advantage of. And that is all I'm wasting on basketball. We miss Hockey.

LOL..like Stoudemire dosn't lower his should or throw out an elbow everytime he drives rolleyes.gif The poll shows why nobody cares wink1.gif
Old 06-12-2005 | 11:14 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Amare is a big man who plays big he may drop a shoulder on a drive move but he has more game than Manu and his single drive. Wait he has one more move, Shoot a three. Manu is just a new Kevin Johnson of the 90's Suns. Drive Drive foul Drive Drive Foul Drive Drive Foul. Open three. Drive. . . .
Old 06-12-2005 | 11:35 AM

lol..unlike Kevin Johnson, Manu has a world championship ring wink1.gif how many does Amare have?