Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.
View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA championship?
San Antonio Spurs
14.10%
Detroit Pistons
24.36%
I don't care for basketball but that's because I'm too fat
61.54%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Nba Championship, Who's Gonna Take It?

Old 06-07-2005 | 08:14 AM

Every one should not count the Pistons out just yet...
Remember everyone had them counted out last year also......

Our NBA Champions The Detroit Pistons are what true champions look like.

I say Pistons in 7.
Old 06-07-2005 | 08:28 AM

I think the pistons will take it.

I also think it will be their most difficult series yet, but just like this time, they will take it in game 7.

The pistons beat them in the regular season, so it's not like they are facing some God-like team.

Sure, the Spurs have hot-shot players like Duncan, Parker, Genobili, etc - but that's exactly what will make the Pistons win.

The Pistons have a hot-shot TEAM. They play like a 'team' better than any other team in the whole league. They are unselfish and work together better than anyone out there.

It's not going to be the Pistons VS the Spurs. Its going to be the Pistons VS Duncan, Parker, and Genobili, and the Pistons will definitely win that.
Old 06-07-2005 | 08:41 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Could have sworn I said the Spurs didn't have a "big 3" kind of team. :unsure:

They're known for their bench scoring. There's not one bad player sitting there.
Old 06-07-2005 | 09:04 AM

Could've said it, doesn't make it true tongue.gif lol

Watch this upcoming series, and look at the stats. See how the distribution of scoring, passing, and defence is among the Spurs.

The compare that to the stats of the Pistons.

The Pistons play more as a team than anyone, including the Spurs.

The Spurs may have a good bench, but that dosn't take away the fact that they do have all-stars, and that those 3 will be the 'go-to guys' for the entire series.
Old 06-07-2005 | 09:46 AM

Vehicle: Honda

[quote=JonGTR,Jun 7 2005, 02:41 PM]
They are just lucky enough to have guys like Big Game Robert Horry and Brent Barry on their bench. Those guys would be starters on a lot of teams. Hell, Manu has came off the bench a couple games.

Plus the Spurs have Eva Longoria in the stands.

Yes!
Old 06-07-2005 | 10:18 AM

I don't want to get too into this, as it's a different topic entirely but:
Ben Wallace started the whole thing and got a pretty weak punishment, at least compared to Artest.

How did Ben Wallace force Artest to run into the crowd?

What caused the brawl was Artest leaping into the crowd and fighting fans. What caused that was Artest being hit with a cup and losing his head to his temper. That has nothing to do with any other player, and is entirely 100% the fault of Ron Artest.

Players get hit with stuff and yelled at all the time. Hell, fans were ruthless to Malone and he never lashed out back at them. Players understand that stuff happens from fans, and they act professional and don't react. Artest reacted and let it get to him. He, and no one else, can blame anyone but himself.

Sure, the fan shouldn't have done that and is just as guilty, but Ron Artest should've been the bigger man and not reacted - no other player would have done what he did.

Even still, one could argue that Ron Artest was TRYING to start trouble. Laying on the scorers table like that is just asking for something. He should have never, ever got up there in the first place. And Ben Wallace never forced him to do that either. Artest is a grown man who makes his own decisions. Unfortunately, they were bad ones.
Old 06-07-2005 | 10:27 AM

They are just lucky enough to have guys like Big Game Robert Horry and Brent Barry on their bench. Those guys would be starters on a lot of teams. Hell, Manu has came off the bench a couple games.

WTF are you talking about? Horry and Brent are one of our worst scorers/reb./asst. And Manu IS a starter. He scores the same ppg as Duncan and avg 33 minutes per game. He doesn't "come off the bench". lmao

Here's the stats:

Duncan 24.9 ppg
Manu 21.8 ppg
Parker 18.7 ppg

Duncan is not a one man team like everyone thinks.

Strange how far off the poll is here because on NBA.com, 81% are voting on the Spurs to win.
Old 06-07-2005 | 10:34 AM

LIke I said. The spurs may have a couple big names that are great, but Detroit has a big team. They have 5 oustanding players on the court at all times. And the Spurs are a dynasty? Then what are the pistons? Last time i checked they were the defending champs.
Old 06-07-2005 | 10:36 AM

^^^ Hey I bet those people on NBA.com dont drive Tib's either. Get the point !!!

THEY DONT KNOW ANYTHING !!! lol.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif wink1.gif
Old 06-07-2005 | 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Double_A @ Jun 7 2005, 04:34 PM)
LIke I said. The spurs may have a couple big names that are great, but Detroit has a big team. They have 5 oustanding players on the court at all times. And the Spurs are a dynasty? Then what are the pistons? Last time i checked they were the defending champs.

One championship doesn't make them a dynasty. rolleyes.gif
The Spurs are going for their 3rd in seven years and have most of the same players since the last.