Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.
View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA championship?
San Antonio Spurs
14.10%
Detroit Pistons
24.36%
I don't care for basketball but that's because I'm too fat
61.54%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Nba Championship, Who's Gonna Take It?

Old 06-06-2005 | 09:48 PM

Just vote for who you think is gonna win. I am a big Spurs fan, I live only 2 hours south from San Antonio. I'm kinda torn in this series as San Antonio is my team but the Pistons are my favorate non-Texas team and have been since the "Bad Boys" era. Feel free to post comments on who you think will win and why. Thanks smile.gif
Old 06-06-2005 | 10:09 PM

To be honest i think its gonna be close. I think the pistons will come out on top. Duncans the man, but Ben Wallace is one of, if not the best defensive players in the game. The pistons have everything, theyre like the Lakers before the team was brokin up.
Old 06-06-2005 | 10:19 PM

Vehicle: Honda

QUOTE (Double_A @ Jun 7 2005, 04:09 AM)
To be honest i think its gonna be close. I think the pistons will come out on top. Duncans the man, but Ben Wallace is one of, if not the best defensive players in the game. The pistons have everything, theyre like the Lakers before the team was brokin up.

Okay, if Ben Wallace is the best defensive player who is the next best? Bruce Bowen.

Who is the best player in the NBA? Tim Duncan.

And he plays on the best team in the NBA, the Spurs. This will be a killing. The Spurs are going to win in 5.
Old 06-06-2005 | 10:35 PM

I think it'll be a good series, but I also think the Spurs will end up taking it home. I'd say 5 games as well, 6 max.
Old 06-06-2005 | 11:39 PM

Detroit...that's where eminem's from...they HAVE to win.
Old 06-06-2005 | 11:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

JVX, don't quote the post above yours.

NBA?

Isn't that the basketball game folks play?

Wow.

I didn't know they had professional players.

Old 06-07-2005 | 12:36 AM

Vehicle: Honda

^Then people know who I'm talking to. Sorry, won't do it again.

Anyways, Detroit is a good team, but when you have Duncan, Parker, and Genobili you will win 70% of the games you play.

Plus Duncan has had 7 days to rest his injury. I think the Spurs are a powerhouse team that is on a roll and will no be stopped.

They honestly have a dynasty. All the "big 3" are signed until around 2008. I can't see any team being better until these three players are not together. I would take a bet on the Spurs winning 3 out of the next 5 championships. Counting this year.

It will be fun to watch what Larry Brown does though, he's one of the best coaches ever.

I love basketball!
Old 06-07-2005 | 07:05 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I can't believe people are NOT thinking the Spurs are gonna win. I may be in SA, but come on, they're gonna rape em. The West is always better in NBA. I would have even voted for the Suns to beat the Pistons.

The big 3 players are not the reason why the Spurs win. It has always been the bench that comes in to hold their own, while giving the stars time to rest up.
It comes down to that old saying: "There's no I in team."
The Spurs have the best "all around" team, and the best defense. They proved that all season and then made a joke about the Suns by outscoring the best offensive team.

I think it'll either be Ginobli or Parker stepping up to grab the highlights. Lately, Duncan has been passing the ball to everyone else. These two have worked their butts off all season and will probably have the glory handed to them.

But we all know the calls come down to the NBA bigwigs wanting profits, so I think it'll go in 5. That'll give them an extra game while not making it obvious that they want more games to sell. wink1.gif

Kind of sucks that the Spurs won't be here to win it. I've always hated how they planned the location of the finals. Rarely does it go to 6 or 7, so why should that team have to be away?
Old 06-07-2005 | 07:33 AM

Who's gonna have the home court advantage? I know it dosn't make a difference really (Phoenix and Miami both were the #1 seeds and they both lost the series at their home courts) but I might be able to drive out there for one of their games, unless they're sold out in SA.
Old 06-07-2005 | 07:40 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Spurs have HCA.

@Spurs
@Spurs
@Detroit
@Detroit
@Detroit
@Spurs
@Spurs