Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

My Trip To Hyundai Alabama

Old 05-27-2006, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

The Deep south was a Unique experience. The South have the rudest drivers, Rednecks fixing there pickups trucks while the driver is going 80 MPH, Old women walking topless at the side of the Highway. I must say that the hottest women are in the South and their accent alone is hot. The people are nice as hell . Even though, I experianced racism in Mobile on 2003, I didn't hear any racial comments thrown at me in Montgomery and North Alabama.. It was worth the 18 hour trip(I took my time, napped alot)

ANyways, The Montgomery plant was one of the best experiences in my life. WHen they say Quality, they really mean quality. I was a little suspicous of the large amount of Japanese visitors. Maybe they were spying around in the most advance car assembly plant in the USA? I sat right next to the Japanese visitors and I insulted Mitsubishi twice to them. Cameras are only allowed in the visitor's area and the big sign. If you're a big Hyundai Freak, like me. I highly recommend you guys to tour this plant.. it's freakin' awesome and it's free!!!!

HYUNDAI BLVD. QUITE POSSIBLY THE CLEANEST STREET IN MONTGOMERY

American Flag- Alabama Flag- Hyundai flag. Where's the Korean flag?

big sign

The Famous Lamda Engine. the 3.3 and 3.8 engine was developed 100% in-house by Hyundai

This is the worker's parking lot. ALOT OF HYUNDAIs. Especially Azeras, Sonatas and Santa Fes. I believe the workers get discounts.

First Santa Fe every made in the factory. Notice the signatures of all the workers

rear

Finished product

GOODIES

Old 05-27-2006, 11:25 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

that's awesome dude how long was thr tour? is it just like a museum or did you have any tour guides? maybe you could get a job there... well except for the fact that it's alabama. what a random place to throw a hyundai manufacturing plant. the reason they did that was because cars could be distributed from the plant easily so that the cars could be cheaper to roll out. topless women? they better be hot or else i will never make breakfast!
Old 05-27-2006, 01:06 PM

Well it was 2 hours and it consist of a cool video, discussion and the tour. The robots were amazing and the assembly line was sweet as hell. The plant was super clean. They said the Hyundai Excel is what made them a good company today(learn from mistakes). They will say "quality" so much, it gets annoying. It's because they really want to make a good car. You could tell that the Koreans are proud of Hyundai because of the Korean and American flags everywhere.

It was pretty funny that alot of the people liked to fool around, but when a Korean executive or a Korean worker comes out, they put their game face on.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:47 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

thats pretty freakin sweet dude. nice pics

fing02.gif
Old 05-27-2006, 03:57 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

When i was addicted to Google Earth I checked out the Hyundai Manufacturing Plant. MAN that thing is huge. Comparable to Boeing's manufacturing plant in Everett, WA at Paine Field, largest building by volume ever. LOL, it has to be to be able to make 747's, 777's, and 767's on a rooling assembly line.

But man, I'm sorry. I remember seeing the LOOOOOOONg straight roads to get to the plant. That ahd to be boring, and 18 hours! WooT! that's a hyundai fanatic if I've seen one. Great trip man, thanks for the pictures.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:09 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

Looks like you had fun!
Old 05-27-2006, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Wow thats awesome! I went to a GM manufacturing plant once that we have over here and that place was pretty big too. Id definitely want to check out that Hyundai plant, looks cool!
Old 05-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

we DEFINITELY need to tour the Hyundai plant before going to NOPI Nats... that is a MUST STOP for us!!

REDZ, JonGTR, Faith, Guilty... you guys in??
Old 05-28-2006, 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Patreezy @ May 27 2006, 09:57 PM)
When i was addicted to Google Earth I checked out the Hyundai Manufacturing Plant. MAN that thing is huge. Comparable to Boeing's manufacturing plant in Everett, WA at Paine Field, largest building by volume ever. LOL, it has to be to be able to make 747's, 777's, and 767's on a rooling assembly line.

But man, I'm sorry. I remember seeing the LOOOOOOONg straight roads to get to the plant. That ahd to be boring, and 18 hours! WooT! that's a hyundai fanatic if I've seen one. Great trip man, thanks for the pictures.

That long straight road is called I-65. It goes from near Chicago ALLLLLL THE WAY down to South Alabama. When you hit Tennessee, that's when the crazy driving starts. Average speed the trucker's drive is 80 MPH. That's why I love Michigan , you can cruise comfortably at 70MPH-75MPH.

It usually takes 13 hours to get there, but I took alot of Naps, stopped at a Confederate Civil war museum and took my sweet ass time driving and listening to music.. I was so mad that I got lost trying to find the Evan Williams distillery in Kentucky and Jack daniels distillery in Tennessee.

This is my 16th long distance road trip with my Tiburon and I can tell you that the 2.0L Engine and the car itself is freakin' bullete proof. It's gone through so much hell, and with basic maintenance done, the engine can last forever!!
Old 05-30-2006, 08:32 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ yeah, tell that to my waterpump at 58000 miles with all appropriate maintenace done.